Best way to use one PC to run a single screen + a sim racing 3 screen setup.

Associate
I am hoping this belongs in general hardware.

Right, I'm struggling with this one so bear with me. I currently use my PC (specs in sig) to run a single monitor on my desk + a single on my sim rig running a duplicated display. In the near future I plan to upgrade my simracing rig to use 3 screens, however I still want/need to run the 4th screen as a standalone..

I am open to making things as simple as possible and buying 3 new 24” monitors and maybe using something like Matrox to link them all together however I think this will need all the screens to use DVI or use HDMI converters ?

I do plan on a full upgrade in the future but my timeline at the minute is upgrade my wheel, the 3 screen setup and then a PC upgrade.

Open to all idea’s/ suggestions.

Associate
I take it you're worried about how your PC will connect to the 3 new monitors? I'm also assuming your GPU is this one: https://uk.msi.com/Graphics-card/GTX-980-GAMING-4G

Personally I would use your 3 displayports into HDMI (or whatever connection your new monitors use), making sure they have the same connection otherwise it would do my nut in if they had a slightly different look on each screen. I'm sure games support a triple monitor setup in game (RaceRoom Experience certainly does).

Existing monitor on your desk then can use HDMI or DVI from the GPU.

Back
Top Bottom