Best web hosting

Associate
Can anyone tell me the best web hosting service around. I am not looking for a free website builder or $100 ad words or anything. I just want a good reliable service which I can upload my websites to.

Caporegime
I have hosting with QiQ and TSOHost.

QiQ initially I thought was fantastic...but in the time I've been with them (over a couple of years now) they have been hacked a couple of times and my email has gone down for days at a time - not acceptable when running a business. Also their download speeds suck maxing at 300kb/s

However, I'm still with them...idiot me, I never did get round to switching from them and tbh as far as hosting goes it does the job...its just frustrating when stuff like the above happens.

Since this, I was recommended TSOHost...who, even though I have barely used so far have proven to be fantastic...mega fast access speeds and even though I barely use the email accounts set up on it (but will do a lot more soon enough) they seem to be pretty top notch, have had hosting with them for over a year and not once has it gone down.

HTH
Jake

Associate
OP
I have hosting with QiQ and TSOHost.

QiQ initially I thought was fantastic...but in the time I've been with them (over a couple of years now) they have been hacked a couple of times and my email has gone down for days at a time - not acceptable when running a business. Also their download speeds suck maxing at 300kb/s

However, I'm still with them...idiot me, I never did get round to switching from them and tbh as far as hosting goes it does the job...its just frustrating when stuff like the above happens.

Since this, I was recommended TSOHost...who, even though I have barely used so far have proven to be fantastic...mega fast access speeds and even though I barely use the email accounts set up on it (but will do a lot more soon enough) they seem to be pretty top notch, have had hosting with them for over a year and not once has it gone down.

HTH
Jake

Thanks, their website looks good.

Soldato
I use Simplexwebs. Proactive service and always keep their customers up to date with everything.

What's weird is Simplex's servers are in Manchester, and TSOhost's are in London but I still get faster pings to Simplex :p

Last edited:
Associate
VidaHost is fantastic
Support is amazing
24 hours a day, never had a query which hasn't been answer within around 15 minutes and normally even faster
Don't know what more you want

Not ever used anything different but it is easy to set up and use so a web novice such as myself and seems to have all kinds of feature in CPanel for more advanced users
I currently pay something like £3.50 a month for two sites (my hosting package supports up to 5)

Also works with FTP software, I normally use FileZilla to transfer files

Soldato
Web Faction are the bees knees. You can install pretty much anything on there shared hosting. Python on Vida/TSO cloud is v2.4.3 which is pretty tragic considering 2.7 was released in 2010. GCC is v4.1.2 (2006), Ruby v1.8.5 (2006) etc. But if all you wan't to do is run some php scripts then you're golden.

Last edited:
Associate
I would always have recommended TSOhost (and I have 6 sites for me and family on there), but if you want the latest releases then they are lagging behind. Ruby is outdated, as is .NET. It's a pity, because support is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom