Best Wireless Mouse?

Associate
I want to purchase a good wireless mouse, and after reading a lot of reviews I bit the bullet and bought the logitech G700 (i think it was) and I immediately dissapointed the moment I touched it.

My current mouse is a cheap £20 Sharkoon Fireglider and it felt 20x better than the £60 logitech all because of the absolute awful plastic finish to the logitechs... and they felt very flimsy.

Is there an alternate to the G700 that is rubberized? I just want something that feels solid and is easy to maintain & clean.

This doesn't bode well for me and my G700s that I've got coming as a warranty replacement tomorrow. I've read a few things where people have mentioned the 'plasticy' feel to it.

I'm going from the solid G9x that has developed the 'single click as double click' fault so I'm hoping it feels as nice as that one did.

Have you since found anything that you like the look of?

Yeah.. like I've said the only thing I actually like and have continued to like is my sharkoon fireglider. it's honestly amazing, would pay £80 for it (£20 on competition site)

My G700s arrived today and tbh initial thoughts weren't good - it definitely has that 'plasticy' feel to it, like you say. But after a couple of hours I have decided that I quite like it and am going to stick with it.

We'll see how long this one lasts :)

What about the Logitech G602? It looks like it's just being released, has a certain quirky look to it.

I don't understand this issue people have with plastic, most mice are plastic, therefore they are "plasticky"...

Yeah, well for me the G5 was the best mouse I've ever used and it didn't feel 'plasticy'. The mX518 had a nice feel too, sort of rubber coated, iirc, which did wear off after a couple of years, but it felt good in the hand.

There's 'plasticy' and then there's cheap 'plasticy', this mouse just feels 'plasticy', it doesn't feel cheap plasticy. :p

After a while though I don't think you notice, as long as the build quality is top notch, which I think G700s has but time will tell. My G9x didn't last very long at all and that always felt really strongly built to me but I suppose gaming mice take some hammering.

Edit: the Logitech Performance MX mentioned above looks like it has a nice finish, with a nice texture on the side, might be worth a look.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh I would definetly go on to buy the MX if only it had any macro buttons for like bf3, the g700 would have been a perfect mouse if it had a better finish.

for example if you take a look at this image: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/09/logitech-g700-review/Logitechg700-2.jpg

you can see that the g700 has a grainy plastic to the side. that is what makes it feel like ****. if it had the same smooth top, on the sides of the mouse it would feel much better but maybe not so much more ergonomically. the mouse wheel on it wobbles slightly and is made of plastic.

on contrast the fireglider is built really well, has a rubberized, solid mouse wheel and a better finish to it: http://www.sharkoon.com/sites/default/files/products/headsets/big_fireglider_black_03.jpg . the only downside isz that it does not have as many features as the g700.

Moving from a mouse with rubberized size and solid plastic to the g700, it does have a cheap plastic feel to it for me at least. i might have just got a bad defect or something. i should go into pc world to try out the g700 however they dont stock it... but they do stock the mx... ;)

as for the guy who said about razor. razor look good and must feel good to however the build quality is said to be awful or something. lmao, thats all i got but thats enough to keep me away

Logitech Performance MX.

Wonderful Mouse :)

^this.

This mouse and BF are made for each other. Quick press of the left mouse wheel button and hey presto bazooka. Or a few presses on the back thumb button and the enemy are well spotted.

Last edited:
I've got the mx but I don't like it much for fps personally. Doesn't feel as precise as my deathadder which my dad is using but I hate the warmth of that mouse!

I've got the mx but I don't like it much for fps personally. Doesn't feel as precise as my deathadder which my dad is using but I hate the warmth of that mouse!

Isn't the deathadder wired? Also no dpi switch on mouse? Each to their own.

hah yeah wired but just comparing control for fps in this case. I don't remember a dedicate dpi switch on mouse but configurable via driver/software iirc.

for example if you take a look at this image: http://images.bit-tech.net/content_images/2010/09/logitech-g700-review/Logitechg700-2.jpg

you can see that the g700 has a grainy plastic to the side. that is what makes it feel like ****. if it had the same smooth top, on the sides of the mouse it would feel much better but maybe not so much more ergonomically.

I'm the exact opposite of this, the rough sides don't bother me but I don't like the smooth buttons as I feel I don't have enough grip.

Other than that the G700 is a great mouse let down only by lousy battery life. I used mine wired almost all the time as I was lucky to get a few hours life from a charge.

I've just got a G602 which not as nice as the G700 in some respects has great battery life.

Back
Top Bottom