Bethesda is up to something

Soldato
If it's a new Fallout game I'll be excited and disappointed at the same time. I want another Elder Scrolls already. :(

Same. I can't see them pulling out an ES title but I hope I'm wrong.

Bethesda have stated that with the sales of Elder Scrolls Online been good and no indication of big slowdown, they aren't going to compete with their sister company by releasing an offline ES game.

Imho ESO is everything and more we want from an ES game, if you turn off the chat window.

Soldato
I'm kinda staggered by the number of people asking for a FO3 remaster.

At this rate it'll be economic suicide for a studio to risk make a new game in a few years time.

Man of Honour
I'm kinda staggered by the number of people asking for a FO3 remaster.

At this rate it'll be economic suicide for a studio to risk make a new game in a few years time.
I've never played FO3 and a portable version would be the best way to play it for the first time.

Soldato
I've never played FO3 and a portable version would be the best way to play it for the first time.

Don't disagree....it's just interesting the economics of it. Once you're a studio with a back catalogue of 4 or 5 decent games, you can just start on a remaster merry-go-round as consumers have decided they're happy paying almost as much for remasters as new titles. Easy money, why risk new IP.

Man of Honour
Don't disagree....it's just interesting the economics of it. Once you're a studio with a back catalogue of 4 or 5 decent games, you can just start on a remaster merry-go-round as consumers have decided they're happy paying almost as much for remasters as new titles. Easy money, why risk new IP.

Sticking your B team on a remaster job is an easy way to get more money to keep your A team going on your next big project.

Caporegime
Bethesda have stated that with the sales of Elder Scrolls Online been good and no indication of big slowdown, they aren't going to compete with their sister company by releasing an offline ES game.

Imho ESO is everything and more we want from an ES game, if you turn off the chat window.

The problem with ESO is not that you can play it in a single player sense, its that eventually they will push things out there that make it worse because "muh $$$", once those sales even take a small drop, you can bet Zenimax board-members will be salivating and jerking off at any pitch that can increase revenue again.

Soldato
The problem with ESO is not that you can play it in a single player sense, its that eventually they will push things out there that make it worse because "muh $$$", once those sales even take a small drop, you can bet Zenimax board-members will be salivating and jerking off at any pitch that can increase revenue again.

The game is out now 4 years. The only thing that they push out are cosmetic stuff on the shop, and pretty good expansions.
Especially Morrowind and Sumerset are almost bigger in size and time to complete than many non ES games out there.

Back
Top Bottom