US: Better Call Saul

Associate
I liked the show a lot but looking at the competition and recency bias I can see why it lost out this time around. Surprised Rhea Seehorn didn't get it this year as she was phenomenal in that last season.

Soldato
Funny because Breaking Bad did and how is this series any worse. I thought it was great overall, is it because its considered just a continuation so 'you already got one'

My theory on Rhea but never proved was like Jesse in the first BB was supposed to die at some fairly early point. Clearly that'd be worse then the other lawyer who finally got shot at the end, I think they altered some part of the story. Never heard any supporting evidence to that theory

Soldato
I liked the interplay between the two brothers, there was enough good material well acted for an award. Cranston I'll agree made BB & was unparalleled but it was extremely well made imo as a prequel. Its probably a lot more sedate then BB, one day I'll watch them both back on 4k quality with some beers :p Generally I'm lucky to be able to enjoy old series not remember every detail

Thread Opinions on Giancarlo Esposito wanting to do a series based around his characters story line. Too much ? I know people were curious of his origin story

Last edited:
Soldato
i felt i knew all i needed of Giancarlo. trying to expand a wrapped-up story by wanting offshoot series of every character just smacks of moneygrubbing and overegging the pudding. it worked w/ BCS because there was a lot of space to explore in the past - how he got to be Saul, join up w/ Mike etc - and wrap it into where he is when BB ended, but i don't get that feeling for any other characters.

Associate
I also don't think it works exploring a character's backstory when the actor themselves have aged so much, unless they recast them. Jesse was a bit of a stretch in his BCS appearance.

Soldato
Is this TV show worth watching? I started watching the first series but it was a little slow to get going.
Thats the style of direction. Its less mainstream of a series then BB, its the origins so we are talking humdrum. Where as BB WW had killed within the first episodes, this is not that; this more like if they went back to his uni days :p

Even more then Saul or the other characters, Mike backstory was great again never meant to be a main character.
Jesse was a bit of a stretch in his BCS appearance.
Ed Galbraith passed away soon after filming apparently.
0wdx8Y2.png

Back
Top Bottom