Better GPU or SSD

Associate
Im going to be ordering some bits next week and my orgional basket was as followed;

Processor: i5 3570k
Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 670 FTW
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z77X D3H
Solid State: OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

I Already have cooler/psu/ram/storage hdd etc etc. But i was wondering would it be worth waiting to buy a SSD and getting a better GPU such as ;

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-181-MS

Associate
OP
Havent found any faults on it at the min so i guess so yer :) , currently have a 1055t
2.8ghz @ 3.5ghz not much of a overclock i know but its around 22 degrees idle and around 32 degrees while in game. That is with push pull but with crappy fans :) going to be getting some higher RMP fans for it soon.

Soldato
The UD3H is better for overclocking and has a power on, power off switch built direct into the motherboard. It does lose some SATA ports but unless you have a lot of HDD's and SSD's its not real big issue.

Soldato
The UD3H has all USB 3.0 ports on the back panel as well.

Overclocking wise unless you are chasing massive overclocks there should be not much difference between the two. Both should get a 3570K to around 4.6GHz with no problems (assuming the chip is capable of it).

Last edited:
Associate
My PSU is a OCZ 650w ZS Series and my current cooler is a Corsair h60 Liquid Cooling

what resolution you gaming on?
Do you regularly upgrade, or will system be 3-5 years ?

The Evga card is a very good card ( I have it)

I would go for a larger sad 250gb as that gives you a very healthy amount of space after OS install. The Samsung 840 is a great bit of kit.

Associate
OP
what resolution you gaming on?
Do you regularly upgrade, or will system be 3-5 years ?

The Evga card is a very good card ( I have it)

I would go for a larger sad 250gb as that gives you a very healthy amount of space after OS install. The Samsung 840 is a great bit of kit.

I Upgrade every year :p and i play 1680x1050 untill i get a 1920x1080 monitor

IC3

IC3

Soldato
I wouldnt risk that MSI gpu but your choice.
Go to Graphics card section and have a look at my thread about this GPU.

Back
Top Bottom