1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beyond Two Souls

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by MarkDavis, Jan 22, 2014.

1. MarkDavis

Mobster

Wow. This is just the most amazing game I have ever played.

Amazing story, engrossing characters, emotions, morality etc.

I'd buy a PS3/4 just on the strength of this game.

2. theonejat

Wise Guy

Played Heavy Rain? One of my fav games of all time, made by the same company. I'm enjoying Beyond so far too but, it's not a scratch on Heavy Rain in my opinion.

3. mame

Sgarrista

Loved Heavy Rain. Will be buying Beyond Two Souls although I haven't really watched much of it.

4. Aberfala

Wise Guy

I loved Heavy Rain so got Beyond Two Souls and wasn't that impressed at first.

I persevered though and by the end I thought it's a really great game and not far short of Heavy Rain's brilliance.

5. TheVoice

Capodecina

Still need to get round to playing this, had it since release day. :o

6. m_cozzy

Hitman

I finished heavy rain recently, I did terribly, I wont give anything away but I really could not have done any worse due to my inability to remember where the buttons are without looking at the pad :( I tried to replay it but knowing the story, couldnt get back into it.
    I've nearly finished beyond, its bloody brilliant, not a great amount of involvement to be fair, just watching a fantastic story piece itself slowly together.

7. peterattheboro

Capodecina

Couldn't be arsed playing this. Ended up selling it and watching the rest on youtube. Didn't feel any different to playing it :p

8. Plainsong

Soldato

My experience of HR was exactly like this when I played it for the first time last year. Yeah no spoilers but things didn't really turn out as I wanted them to due to me being absolutely awful with QTE and waving the bloody pad around games! :p

Still want to get Beyond though when it is around £10.

9. MarkDavis

Mobster

Well worth saving the game, then going back and doing the different ending permutations for Two Souls. Provides quite different story arc endings. And what a story of her life!

Have to say that the way they've done the Ellen Paige character in this is just brilliant. Never seen a game with such human characteristics and morality running through it.

10. ivrytwr3

Mobster

Recently started B2Souls due to it been a PS freebie recently - i am really enjoying it, however, i suck and i mean REALLY suck at the QTE. In the fight scenes i am unsure which way to go and always end up getting smacked! I have just finished the Condenser level and it took me 3 attempts due to the QTE fails.

Any idea what i am doing wrong?

11. BGGLP

Gangster

Wonderful game!! Played the PS4 version when it was released with HR. Didn’t think much to HR but thought B2S was an amazing game. Stranger things reminded me of it a lot. Felt Detroit was much more like HR and pretty slow.

12. Noxia

Soldato

12 year necro bump christ.

13. ivrytwr3

Mobster

12 years??!!!!

14. manic111

Capodecina

12 horse years...

15. ivrytwr3

Mobster

ah that explains it!

16. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Fahrenheit is the best in the series. It’s getting on a bit now so looks a bit ropey but the story is superb...... Omikron Nomad soul was fairly decent too.

Tbh I love anything Quantic do.... :)

17. Noxia

Soldato

Ah I see what I did, I looked at the posters join date. Shame!