• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF V(5) MP CPU ulilization

Soldato
Was wondering what kind of cpu util people are seeing during their mp matches in BF5. Im asking cause my 4790K@ 4,4 locked is seeing above 85% powering a 1080ti@stock clocks. Im also getting slight stutters from time to time. This is in DX11. If i try dx12, well, same story as BF1, it doesn't work well and stutters even worse.

Haswell is really starting to show its age it seems. Been serving me fine for a long time, if only the cash was there for an upgrade in core count.

Seems quads are getting hammered in this game. CPU performance mentioned at 7m13s

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Overclocked my 4790k to 4.7 and cache to 4.4 and my 1886 ram to 2000mhz only changing cas 9 to cas 10 while upping the dram voltage a tiny bit... Stuttering seems to be gone now.. personally dont like to be right on the edge of working/not working but its better than nothing i suppose. Seems util has dropped 5ish %.. this is a very rough estimate, take with a bucket of salt.

Soldato
OP
I loved the games upto 2. 4 was ok ish and the others I didn't really think much of.

I am personally a big fan of BC2 and BF4 and too me the series as taken a nosedive since starting with hardline. BF5 to me has great gunplay, good looking visuals and atleast the rotterdam map is bloody well done but thats where it goes sour for me. The customisation system is certainly not what i had hoped for and the amount of weaponry available seems limited to, the later could have course change in the full game but i think i read somewhere that it would be around 6 weapons per class.

I think I have found the reason why the big disparity in results.
Normal, regular conquest runs as good as bf1 does. Very smooth and consistent.

Grand operations mode is like a different game. I'm guessing this is where people are seeing issues. It runs considerably worse.

Interesting, that would explain why ive started seeing stuttering as the first few games i played was fine. Ty for sharing

Back
Top Bottom