• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

BF2 Problems

Soldato
After playing a lot of WoW and Quake 4 I decided to back on BF2 for a while. I have tried all combinations of video settings and usual things such as disabling the integrated voip. When I move around, or are moving quick eg in a tank, my frames drop to about 15fps and is practically unplayable.

I am currently running the latest set of nvidia drivers 81.98. All other games run great except bf2. My system used to easily handle bf2 in high, now it appears to be struggling in medium.

The card temperatures are normal, the card reaches about 54/55c after being used for a good amount of time so there are no cooling issues etc.

Any suggestions?

Soldato
one thing u can check for in your bf2 settings in the connection bit is set on coz i have a 6800u with 2gb and 2mb broadband line and was getting unplayable games then one of my clan m8s suggested checking to c if it is set to 256 or lan , it was set to lan so i changed it to 256 and it worked a treat smooth frame rates and loads of cannon fodder are around me bunny hopping like mad now

Associate
Also worth checking you sound card settings. These can really impact on the framerate if the sound quality settings are too high and you are using a basic or onboard soundcard.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom