BF3 - Origin - New Patch

Associate
Hi Everyone,

I have BF3 installed, last week it told me I needed to install the new patch, fair enough........ a week later it still wont download, it sticks here:

bf3-1.jpg

I have uninstalled Origin, reinstalled it.... opened the firewall ports both in and out (though that is not very clear on the origin website), I even put my PC into the DMZ..... still no joy.

My next thoughts are to uninstall BF3 and re-install it, though it took 24 hours last time as the "updates" and I am loath to do that atm.

Has anyone else had any issues? Does anyone have other suggestions to downloading and installing this patch?

Cheers. :)

Associate
OP
Abit of an update......

I discovered what was stopping this patch update.

I play a browser based game where I have 2 accounts, 1 goes through a proxy... this is set in Internet Options and the Origin software uses those settings..... :eek: When I unchecked the proxy... it worked straight away.

I feel stupid!!! :p

Thanks for your suggestion m8. ;)

Associate
If u ever have to re-install the game, you don't have to re-download the patches btw. Just take a copy of the update folder as seen in the pic posted above, put it back where it was once the game is installed, then right click bf3 in Origin and select repair.

Back
Top Bottom