BF3 Vsync and fps questions

Associate
Hi all, quick question

normal i always turn v sync on and don't think about it

but in bf3 i turn v sync off and managed to get fps of like 65-75 but some times i seem to get a small amount of tethering on screen,

what is better turn v sync on and stick to max fps of 60 or turn vsync off and some times get more fps?

Caporegime
it depends on game engine in cod its used to be better to have higher fps and it made a big difference in bf3 id just keep 60 fps most use a framelimiter and not vsync though

HR4

HR4

Associate
I can’t say regards BF3 but I have my v-sync off on Arma 2 and do get a very small amount of screen tearing occasionally, that’s because my 60hz monitor sometimes finds it hard to cope with very high frame rates, but on the whole its slight and the screen handles more or less anything upto and over 100fps provided its not long term high rates, which as we all know it swings from one extreme to the other.

I would say have the v-sync off provided your screen can handle it, if its bothering you then turn it on, but it won’t hurt the screen, it will only deliver what it can deliver, when it’s a little too much for it, that’s when you get your tearing..

Back
Top Bottom