Bicep Tendinitis recovery

Soldato
Hey folks, after a couple of years of lifting with a multigym machine in my garage I recently upgraded to free weights and got myself a power cage. Has been good for the most part but squatting has highlighted some major issues with mobility, notably hips and shoulders. I struggle to get below parallel and I appear to have given myself some mild bicep tendonitis in my left arm purely down to the shoulder mobility required to grip the bar in the low bar position.

The pain in my left shoulder is non existent until I position my arm as far back and up as i can. Because of this, OH presses, squats and benches are out of the question until I get this healed. I have taken this as an opportunity to work on my mobility. Hip mobility exercises seem straight forward, I've been squatting ATG using a resistance band to stop myself falling back, keeping my heels on the ground, concentrating on keeping my knees out and then bouncing around in this position for a minute or 2 to try and stretch the muscles. The issue lies with the shoulder mobility exercises, namely if I should be doing them at all while I'm still feeling pain. Like I said the pain is non existent until my arm moves into a certain position, I've been doing Shoulder Dislocates using a resistance band and can see how this would be great for improving mobility but there is a spot in the movement where my left shoulder hurts, coupled with with a feeling like 2 taught ropes flicking over one another (Don't know how else to explain it).

So is continuing with shoulder dislocates going to impede my shoulder healing? Or will it in fact help at all?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom