• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Big AVIVO problem!

Associate
I recently bought a HIS X1950 Pro with AVIVO but I cant get the Video In part to work. I have installed all the latest drivers, avivo software and WDM drivers (seemed to be unrealistically fast) but Windows Movie Maker, CyberLink PowerDirector, Nero Vision and VirtualVCR all say my camera is not connected.

I am trying to get my mini-DV camera transfer videos on my pc via a composite cable. It shows me the videos fine on my TV but the pc says there is no camera.

Any ideas what im doing wrong?

All help will be appreciated, but please don't say 'use firewire, idiot' cos it gives me absolute crap quality and i aint got a port on this pc anyway.

Soldato
Are there any 'unknown devices' in Device Manager, and have you tried VLC? Are there any options in those apps to change the input device? There should be a drop down menu in WMM at least.

Soldato
AVIVI is not VIVO,

AIVIO is ati's medai encoder,

VIVO is video in / video out.

the HIS cards overclockers sell do not have VIVO. A few have been duped by that including me, now i have to go and find the HIS X1950pro that DOES have VIVO.

Associate
OP
AVIVO includes VIVO and it says in my manual that I can capture video. it only doesnt say how! :eek:

On the HIS website it says there is vivo on the X1950 Pros

Soldato
AVIVO does not mean you have VIVO, VIVO is completely different to AVIVO

look at these 2 cards.

HIS X1950pro with VIVO http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=263&view=yes

HIS X1950pro without VIVO http://www.hisdigital.com/html/product_ov.php?id=277&view=yes

look at the box and you will see that the first card clearly says VIVO and the second doesn't. if you got your card from here then it wont have VIVO, i have one so i should know :(

the HIS website is misleading too because if you click the AVIVO icon on the left hand side of the webpage for the card without VIVO it takes you to the VIVO info page making customers think they are actually getting VIVO when thye are not.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This is *edited*

I bought this because I will need the VIVO

Anyway why does it say on ati's website that AVIVO can capture video? its somewhere on this page

Now that i was *confused by the graphics card industry*, Do you think a ati/nvidia tv tuner would give me noticably better quality for capturing via composite video, compared to other brands

Last edited:
Soldato
couldn't see it say video in anywhere but nevermind, they cleverly marketed it to make it seem that way (ati and his).

i'm as upset as you as i need VIVO too but i have no experience with tv cards so i cant say whats good.

i personnaly will be getting the HIS card that does have vivo and going crossfire presuming they will work together.

Soldato
The_K said:
This is fraud

I bought this **** because I will need the VIVO

Anyway why does it say on ati's website that AVIVO can capture video? its somewhere on this page

Now that i was ****** by OCUK, Do you think a ati/nvidia tv tuner would give me noticably better quality for capturing via composite video, compared to those cheap infamous brands on ebay?

It's no OCUK's fault you don't know the difference between AVIVO and VIVO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AVIVO

Back
Top Bottom