Big mistake?

Soldato
I had a Peugeot 206 that was roughly 88bhp. Honestly when I had a boot full of gear and passengers over 6 foot this thing struggled to make decent speed. I wouldn't really call it practical? We lived with an SUV and a Z4 for a while and that was the perfect mix of practicality and driving fun.

Soldato
OP
I'm just kidding with £3200, I wanted to be the next 'Clio guy' :(

Its a 60 plate Dci Dynamique TomTom, it was £1600.

Seems not bad actually, all seems to be working on it, smooth(ish) ride.

Is cheap to tax, insure and run. Basically for a short commute or 4 miles each way every day and the occasional run to my parents, etc.

Had a few around the 2001-2004 age before, a DCi 80 and DCi 100. Engines are fine, its the other consumable parts which seem to frequently fail... coil springs come to mind!

Soldato
OP
I had a Peugeot 206 that was roughly 88bhp. Honestly when I had a boot full of gear and passengers over 6 foot this thing struggled to make decent speed. I wouldn't really call it practical? We lived with an SUV and a Z4 for a while and that was the perfect mix of practicality and driving fun.

I really don't need a SUV, just need something like I used to have... something that will occasionally sit more than 2 people.

If the wee Peugeot was a petrol, that's understandable. Diesels and the wee turbos have a wee bit more pull behind them, although not much lol.

The 1.3 petrol 99bhp Auris was terrible fully loaded.

Soldato
The wife had 2 Cleo's - the second one was so much better than the first one - it only broke down 5 times.:)

Seriously we only found the brakes were crap and they took ages to warm up in winter - 15 miles to defrost the windscreen and temp gauge was showing up to temp - just the heaters were rubbish.

Man of Honour

Reminds me of many many years back - my aunt had a Renault 5 it was styled like a turbo but had less than 1L engine so previous owner must have put a body kit on it or something. With 4 people and some luggage on the motorway she was having to put foot to the floor when seeing a hill coming and overtake everything then on the hill everything would come back past as it struggled to make the top - without a run up it was literally dropping back to like 15 MPH.

Back
Top Bottom