Big Tech Authoritarianism

Caporegime
Donald Trump, the still President of the United States of America has been censored by Twitter, a corporation elected by nobody and along with corporate media who clearly hate him that now means he cannot talk directly to the American people who elected him.

A group of people cry that he is a fascist, but he was Democratically elected, didn't start any wars, abolish future elections and/or make himself dictator for life. He defended the US constitution from those who seeked to take away peoples right to bear arms, not something a tyrant does.

Those decrying him as a fascist are cheering on the censorship and algorithms that social media employs to boost the outreach of some users (corporate media etc) whilst suppressing, censoring or banning other ideas. Big tech censorship and banning is not a new thing, they've just never been so emboldened as to do it to a sitting US President before.

Now for all those cheering it on and who think it is fighting fascism or whatever, I would like to share a few quotes from a school grade text book on the Nazi's:

Goebbels controlled the media and arts, making sure that Germans were fed Nazi ideology while censoring other information.

Any media that conveyed anti-Nazi ideas or even other ways of life, were censored. Censorship of newspapers, radio, cinema and the theatre was enforced. Only books which agreed with the Nazi point of view were allowed.

Are we not being lead in that direction by those claiming to be fighting Fascism? who tore down historical statues? who bans books/users and all manner of things that don't agree with their point of view (deemed to be 'offensive')? who is trying to disarm the population?

Why do people who believe to be fighting authoritarianism/fascism or whatever cheer on billionaire corporation owners who in unison now act like them?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Like I said in my other thread regarding Rowan Atkinson's comments about cancel culture and social media's role in polarising people through algorithm manipulation and market targeting, a large portion of people seem to have been propagandised to hate/fear Trump so much that they seem willing to support anything (even turning into what they claim to be fighting against) in order to destroy him and his supporters. They are literally cheering on corporate billionaires behaving like authoritarians and are doing it in the name of fighting authoritarianism, they're calling for people who don't conform to the liberal ideology to be cancelled (banned/sacked from jobs etc).

It might seem like a good idea now to destroy Trump and his supporters if you're in that group but what about when there are none left?

Last edited by a moderator:
Caporegime
OP
It's the double standards that people should be scared of.

When a leftist mob tried to storm the Whitehouse in June the corporate media response was to poke fun at Trump hiding in the basement, because the elected president fearing for his life due to a unruly mob is obviously funny.

When a minority of MAGA supporters do similar it's made out to be a coup, they get erased from the internet, and then the big tech authoritarian monopolies go after smaller competitors like Parler for having the audacity to support the US first amendment right of free speech.

Caporegime
OP
This forum has a set of rules, you aren't forced to use the forum.

Break them you get banned.

Exactly the same principle as Twitter and Facebook.

it has nothing to do with authoritarianism, it is terms and conditions.

Simple.

The big corps are colluding to shut down competitors who have rules different to theirs, like I said in initial post with the Nazi quotes they're only really allowing a particular ideology to thrive on their platforms and shutting down any others through bannings/censorship/algorithmic suppression etc. They're not just policing their own users but attacking other platforms across the internet who allow free speech consistent with law.

If you do a quick search of Twitter you'll be able to find loads of posts of leftist Antifa types inciting violence against MAGA/Trump voters and they go largely ignored because most of the people in charge of enforcing those T&C's are of the same ideology. The T&C's are basically weaponised against a particular group in an uneven way because they want to promote a particular ideology that is largely intolerant of other views.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If you read Jack Dorsey's release about why they banned Trump most of it was interpretation and they deleted his post calling for peace because it countered their whole narrative.

Caporegime
OP
I don't understand why so many people are shocked a private company doesn't want to have Trump on there.

Twitter, facebook or just social media in general isn't a right. We sign up to their terms of conditions and if we break those, we get banned.

Simple stuff really.

Because lots of people being banned are simply exercising their right to free speech (US 1st Amendment), if they are committing a crime it is up to a countries law enforcement to deal with it, we have justice systems we don't need Twitter and co replacing that with de-platforming and cancel culture. It's becoming like those dystopian sci-fi movies where corporations have taken over as government and so many people don't seem to see it.

If you're all for private companies having so much power via T&C's and to hell with rights and laws then are you okay with a landlord saying that he doesn't want black people renting his property and to hell with anti-discrimination laws? why can't he he's a private business if you don't like it go find another house to rent.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
It's not just the argument about private companies seemingly being able to do anything they want so long as their T&C's allow them to (in the eyes of some people). It's the fact that along with censoring opposition views they can algorithmically target users and condition people in a way that's never been seen before, which might explain why those people believe that those corporations can do whatever they want.

A decade or two ago 'liberals' were against unconstrained corporate power, today those who claim to be liberals are cheering corporations on to the point where they can go after the elected President of the United States and even after attacking both the 1st and 2nd amendment in recent years they still believe they're on the side of the US constitution.

Trump has been built up to be such a boogeyman by the corporate media that people seem to be supporting authoritarianism just because it opposes Trump and they actually believe that they're fighting it. The mind boggles.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
You were provided with some racist comments which have been made by trump. Including :

"I've got black accountants at Trump Castle and at Trump Plaza. Black guys counting my money! I hate it. The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys wearing yarmulkes.... Those are the only kind of people I want counting my money. Nobody else... Besides that, I've got to tell you something else. I think that the guy's lazy. And it's probably not his fault because laziness is a trait in blacks."

What are your views on this as you seem to completely gloss over them even though it was you who asked for them.

Yet all of those calling Trump a racist apparently went out and voted for Joe Biden in record numbers, whose history of racism is far worse and clear for all to see if you look hard enough for it (because the mainstream media won't show you it).

So does that make all Joe Biden supporters racists who need to be purged? will there be anyone left when the purge is over? lol

Caporegime
OP
A taste of their own medicine?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...Twitter-Facebook-censorship-banned-Trump.html

I can't wait for Twitter's hilariously hypocritical response about how free speech is important and how they're violating human rights, like they did when Uganda blocked them ahead of their elections.

To clarify I don't support any censorship but it's funny. All freedom loving countries should do this until they stop censoring and playing judge, jury and executioner.

Caporegime
OP
God bless Poland.

untitled.jpg

Caporegime
OP
I went for a job interview the other day what with the massive lock down unemployment I was desperate for anything, reading the employment contract it said that I would have to subjucate myself to the sexual whims of management, well I mean it's a private corporation they can do whatever they want amirite?

If a corporation can just ignore the 1st amendment of the US Constitution then why should they be constrained by any other laws or human rights aimed at protecting people from oppression?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
So first people have been driven to hate Trump so much that they have cheered on authoritarianism by corporations and big tech, now those same corporations (CNN etc) are equating Trump voters with domestic terrorists. hmm, where have I seen this kind of persecution of a group before... Thank god Biden is the unity candidate.

Caporegime
OP
Lowest average approval rating in history. Probably going to be rated the worst president in history. Melania lowest first lady approval rating in history. They just keeps racking up the wins.

Lets face it, bias aside, he was a complete and utter failure of a president. :D

I dunno once people realise they're manipulated all of the time by media corporations and look at actions they might realise Trump wasn't so bad, particularly if Biden fires up the military industrial complex again. Then again, I'm sure people such as yourself will be cheering the wars on so long as the media sell it to you as a positive thing. All I remember of the Obama presidency is how ISIS were running rampant in the middle east, Trump soon put an end to them.

The only time the corporate media ever gave Trump any credit was when he fired a few missiles on Syria, I'm sure they were hoping for more though.

Caporegime
OP
Parler is having to host their servers in Russia in order to protect the right to free expression/speech because an un-elected mafia of billionaire corporation owners who support authoritarianism/censorship and control key industries have essentially blacklisted them from all kinds of services and are preventing them from operating in the (supposedly free market) US economy. Just let that sink in for a minute.

Caporegime
OP
Corporate media and social media who have spent the last 4 years relentlessly attacking the democratically elected president of the United States, were donors to the Democrat Party and who actively interfered in the 2020 election by not reporting on scandals involving the Biden family now have their candidate of choice in the Whitehouse. It's all smooth sailing from here. Well done to those who were in the 'resistance' by joining a bunch of billionaires, corporations, rich celebrities etc... I mean it was about as difficult as the Nazi's in WW2 resisting France but you must all be so proud. There's nothing at all left to resist now, the corporations and mega wealthy are of course your friends so you can all go back to sleep..

https://observer.com/2020/11/big-tech-2020-presidential-election-donation-breakdown-ranking/

Back
Top Bottom