Big Typhoon Fan Speed

kbc

kbc

Associate
Hi, I have a DFI Ultra-D motherboard and a Big Typhoon attached to my X2 4400 CPU and was wondering, how do I ensure the Big Typhoon continuously operate at its max RPM? Thermaltake's website says it ranges from 1300RPM - 2000RPM.

I've set in the BIOS for all fans to be "fully on" when temperatures are above 25C. And yet the Big Typhoon will only spin at 1300RPM max... :confused:

I was playing Source online once and because the temperatures were not set to above 25C, my PC shutdown when the CPU reached over 60C. The Ultra-D board seems to report CPU temps at 10C lower.

kbc

kbc

Associate
OP
postmanfw said:
Is it the vx version or normal version you have? The vx goes upto 2000 but the normal one maxes out at around 1300. Vx version has an fan controller on the fan itself.

After a lot of browsing and surfing, I realised I shouldn't have posted this thread. The one I have maxes out at 1300RPM... thanks postmanfw, my one doesn't have a fan controller. :p

Might be popping a more powerful fan on it for more overclocking headroom though. :p

Back
Top Bottom