Bike issue

Soldato
OP
What about the chain ring,I see my bike has 3x chain rings near the pedals,Might as well replace those if im going to the trouble of replacing the cassette,chain etc..then its all new.

Or at least replace the one the chains on the most,which is the middle one..infact i never use that gear so its always stuck on the middle ring,The only gears i change are the one on the cassette.

Last edited:
Don
What about the chain ring,I see my bike has 3x chain rings near the pedals,Might as well replace those if im going to the trouble of replacing the cassette,chain etc..then its all new.

Or at least replace the one the chains on the most,which is the middle one..infact i never use that gear so its always stuck on the middle ring,The only gears i change are the one on the cassette.

If you only use the middle, then only replace the middle as otherwise you are looking at a reasonable cost I would think.

Although not sure which chainring you need, other than it is a 32T

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/archive/2011/hardrock/hrhardrock#specs

Soldato
OP
Just had a close inspection of my Cassette and there is indeed a broken tooth on it..The smallest ring.

Just had a close look at the chainring too,im no pro but it looks okay to me,plenty of teeth lenth on it it doesnt look all that ware to be honest,like i said though this never gets moved anyway...the whole bike is a mess though its got sludge buildup all over the moving parts and its dried..really needs a good cleaning off with degreased and pressure washing i think.

Last edited:
Soldato
A good clean is the first thing, otherwise you won't be able to see the wood for the trees.
But as above, you'll almost certainly want a new chain and cassette, I'd hold of on the front rings for now though.

Soldato
Yeah that looks a bit too complicated for me lol,Maybe not the cassette part but the chain and everything...nah,Best i take it to a shop,At least then if anything goes dodgy i can just take it back and get them to sort it.

Meant to ask in my lat reply,What can i do about my knees!

My knees have started hurting lately and i think its because of the bike,I have the saddle up high (as im quite tall) high enough so when the pedals low my legs fully stretched but no matter how i adjust my saddle hight i still get dodgy knees.

There should be a slight bend in your leg at full extension, if your leg can fully straighten it will make your hips rock side to side as you pedal, making your whole leg stroke wonky.

With regards to seat position, with your pedals in the 9-3 horizontal position, your knee cap should be directly above the pedal axle.

This is a good video.. It's a road bike but same principles apply to most.

Back
Top Bottom