Bike of the Future is here

Soldato
k7iea.jpg
http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/06/motoczysz-e1pc/
This bike is bad-ass, no two ways about it. It has a custom-built 12.5-kilowatt-hour lithium polymer battery that can be swapped in seconds. The custom-built, oil-cooled motor generates 100 horsepower (continuous) and 250 pound-feet of torque. It all hangs from a custom frame. Of course, it’s got the usual top-shelf hardware. Ohlins. Brembo. You know the drill.

Read More http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/06/motoczysz-e1pc/#ixzz0qY2iOmNl

So what do you guys think? Yay or nay?

Man of Honour
nay, as their are no battery swapping stations. Even if/when they do exist. They will have to be a standard battery, which that won't be.

very nice though as a show piece, how much does it way?

Soldato
Nay. Why can't electric vehicles look the same as their IC equivalents? Why must we make them all look like Tomorrows World flights of fancy?

Soldato
I'm not sure what the sound or feel off one of these things would be, but I usually use the feel of the engine and the sound to know what a corner is going to be like such as revs and how i can feel the engine breaking. I think an electric bike would be interesting to feel the comparisons.

Does anyone know if the Electric racing from the TT will be shown on TV?

Another note and literally a note I like the idea of a loudish bike since people can hear you and well it sounds great. A whining electric one would just get on my mammary's

Associate
It's good that they have electric bikes at the TT - motorsport will accelerate the rate of development. It won't be long before they start getting faster.

Associate
When the green brigade go mad and ban the combustion engine, we'll all be glad that these guys put the effort in to help make the technology viable.

Back
Top Bottom