Bike stolen :(

Associate
So I ride my Boardman comp txc to work, and keep it in a locked shed where mopeds are kept.

Just a few hours ago, a moped driver put his moped in the shed and took my bike out. Not even 45 mins later I go out and its gone :( work are reviewing the CCTV but I'm doubtful.

I don't have the frame number so am I pretty much out of luck trying to retrieve this? Already reported on the biker register website and emailed local police.

Any other suggestions?

Soldato
so the moped rider left it outside? if be having words although even in a shed id be slapping a chain around it at least.

even with the frame number its probably been filed off by now.

Associate
I'd be ready to have a chat with that moped driver. If anything, I'd have blamed him more than the actual thief.

Associate
OP
So it's a little more complicated regarding the ped driver. There's only 1 key to the shed that belongs to the driver. I often finish work after him and I'd ask him to leave my bike out the shed when he finishes, and I'd put a lock on my bike. The shift where my bike was stolen, he finished before me and that's probably why he took my bike out, tho he didn't tell me (I didn't ask him to on the shift).

The location isn't what I'd consider risky as well, and I'm always paranoid about bike theft.

Got some epicon forks laying around, might just build a bike with used parts

Back
Top Bottom