Billing

Caporegime
Ok, now here's the deal. A friend of mine has just bought an competitor. . . Foolish, I know. But anyway apparently they take the payment of the order before they have even built the computer, somebody said to me that this was illegal and that they should only take payment when the order is shipping or ready to be shipped? Anybody know if this is true? :)

Caporegime
OP
Naw. It's only a competitor if it's at least remotely value for money not triple the cost of something you'd build yourself.
Haha so true, There's a spec on their website similar to mine and it's £800:eek:

Spec my computer now and you can get it for around £400, all components purchased off OcUK of course! :):p

~J~

~J~

Soldato
Ok, now here's the deal. A friend of mine has just bought an Alienware. . . Foolish, I know. But anyway apparently they take the payment of the order before they have even built the computer, somebody said to me that this was illegal and that they should only take payment when the order is shipping or ready to be shipped? Anybody know if this is true? :)

Definately not illegal, there's loads of companies (even non-computer companies) that will take payment before production.

Tell him to shop at Overclockers, they're the best in their field, LOVELY staff, a family friendly forum where everyone gets on, everyone is polite, friendly and jolly nice folks. Aftersales is second to none and the boss personally signs every part with his own guarantee of reliability, satisfaction and value for money.

Soldato
Tell him to shop at Overclockers, they're the best in their field, LOVELY staff, a family friendly forum where everyone gets on, everyone is polite, friendly and jolly nice folks. Aftersales is second to none and the boss personally signs every part with his own guarantee of reliability, satisfaction and value for money.

Spie, read the FAQ please. Dupe accounts are not allowed. :p:D He has a point, though! ;)

Soldato
Would it not matter though that they've paid for a product, which at the time of payment technically does not exist?

Of course not. Have you never paid a deposit on something before now? He effectively paid a deposit equal to the final value of the goods. You pay deposits on everything from puppies to sofas, neither of which 'exist' at the time you part with your cash. I don't see how you'd think this could be illegal? LOL

Soldato
What matters is that they fulfilled their end of the contract by providing the products you've paid for I think. It would be costly for companies to build the pc first only to find that the payment is no good.

When I ordered my dell lappy money was immediately debitted and I had to wait a month for delivery. OCUK does the same so do most other shops.

Back
Top Bottom