Billion 7800N Cannot Hold a Connection

Associate
I am finding that my Billino 7800N cannot hold my line when the SNRM drops to below 4.5dB. There are thousands of errors and eventually the connection disconnects.

Is there anything I can do as I thought this was the best router for low SNRM but it doesn't look like it right now.

Soldato
Hi mate, i also have one of these routers. I am on a long line with my profile set at g.dmt, im running at 3200kbps downstream and 416kbps upstream. My line always seems to drop out after a couple of days normally. At the moment though its sitting at 5 days (screenshot below) the errors are fairly high but im not getting any issues. Ignore the 10,000 crc errors showing as that seemed to be at that after i rebooted the router for some reason. I think the issue with my disconects was perhaps my line connecting to high at times. My current snr on the downsteam is 7.9db so if i was to reboot my router now i reckon i might re connect at 3400kbps which i dont really want. I think the extra 1db snr i currently have instead of the default 7db sitting at 7.9-8db might be helping me out.

I have tried a tp-link w8960n router and the normal sky routers and had the same issues so that kind of ruled out a possible fault with the billion router. its not my internal wiring thats the problem i pretty certain of that i think its just im so far away from the exchange that i get thesed dropouts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Soldato
Yea of course no worries, im at work at the mo tho but as soon as i am home i'll give it to you. You have to download the Telnet Scripting Tool and just place it in a new folder on your desktop. You then create the scipt in notepad pointing it to the new folder where you have extracted the tool on your desktop and put in your username password etc for your router followed by the command you want like the stats etc.

Bare with me and i'll get it up for you :)

Soldato
Right here you go mate, 1st off download this
http://jerrymannel.com/blog/2008/11/11/telnet-scripting-tool-aka-tst10exe/

You want the tst10.exe at the bottom of the page, once you have downloaded it create a new folder on your desktop and place the exe in there. Next step open notepad and paste the following

@Echo OFF
tst10.exe /r:script.txt

Now save this as telnet.bat and place it in the new folder you created as well.

No open notepad again and paste the following

EDIT

Just to make sure

192.168.1.254 23
wait "Login:"
SEND "admin\m"
WAIT "Password:"
SEND "YOU ROUTER PASSWORD HERE\m"
WAIT ">"
SEND "adsl info --stats\m"
WAIT ">"
WAIT ">"

All you have to do here is delete where it says YOU ROUTER PASSWORD HERE and put in your router password, dont delete any of the quotes though just the text i wrote in.

Now save this as script.txt and put it in the new folder and you should be good to go.

Just double click the telnet.bat file you created earlier, the adsl info should then come right up, if your screen just displays your username and password hit spacebar and the rest will pop up

Hope this helps any problems just let me know :D

EDIT

Before i forget, at the top of the script.txt above it has the ip address of the router mine is the default one as you can see if you have changed it for whatever reason make sure you change it on this script file as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom