BIM Workstation

Associate
Hi guys, looking to build a BIM workstation mainly using Autodesk Civil 3D, Revit and Navisworks. I am not too fussed about top of the range GPU for just now, I do not do much visualisation, so want to focus more on Processor and Memory in terms of budget. Budget of about £1500. Thank you very much in advance.

Edit: Sorry, I do not require monitor, keyboard or operating system etc, just the PC.
Edit: We sometimes have to deal with very dense Pointclouds, which takes a lot of resource

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you very much for that, much appreciated :) not sure what you mean about the 13700F, sorry for being stupid :p

Storage isn't a huge factor, so that will be plenty. And great I have the option to upgrade the GPU in the future.

Associate
OP
For the Cooler you mention, can you see the difference between these models? They look very similar, but the ‎PA120 SE-Ying-D5 model is £20 cheaper.

PA120-D2
‎PA120 SE-Ying-D5

Both sold by Thermalright

Last edited:
Associate
OP
which isn't the best I've ever seen.
Is it worth looking at a different motherboard? Or is this one still solid enough you think?

Yeah, you are right about the SE, the link to the retailer on the site took me to the non SE version, confused me, haha.... Which doesn't take much to do :p

Associate
OP
That's me got everything set up. I have run a Passmark Bench Test, and the CPU is peaking at 100 deg C. Thermal paste on, and fans are all running. Is this normal?

Associate
OP
cpu.png

Back
Top Bottom