Biomass Boilers

Manually feed it, it will take logs up to 3ft in length and 12" round. My brother has one and in this years mild march (that's when it went live) he was feeding it once every 3 days.

Boiler, fitting and RHI application cost around £40k plus the VAT. I was tempted with a chip system but just did not have the space/setup to have one. I was also afraid of the price of chip/pellets going up (which they will). At least with timber its at the bottom of the process chain and i can harvest my own from our woodland ground.

meh, always late to the party when I see threads like this. A friend of mine has a small plumbing company and he is also a farmer I was only talking to him the other day and he was telling me they are fitting more and more of this type of heating. I think most people are jumping on board due to the RHI

Its exactly why people are jumping on board. A lad i know has put in 3x199kw boilers, that's a £1.5m payback over 20 years.

Farmer's with chicken sheds are the real winners though, as they where paying to heat the sheds with gas now they get paid to heat them with wood chip!

Boiler, fitting and RHI application cost around £40k plus the VAT. I was tempted with a chip system but just did not have the space/setup to have one. I was also afraid of the price of chip/pellets going up (which they will). At least with timber its at the bottom of the process chain and i can harvest my own from our woodland ground.

You can set your pellet price fixed for 20 years if need be!

We are in the process of making a pellet making company. ;)

You never see a farmer on a push bike :D

Anyhow, is the boiler going to be enclosed in that shed or left open to the elements?

Certainly not those arable/dairy farmers that's for sure! ;)

You can set your pellet price fixed for 20 years if need be!

We are in the process of making a pellet making company. ;)

We never had an offer on pellets like that! Best we had was, paying for chip via kwh, which I thought was pretty good as any heat wasted to the ground etc was free as it wasn't passing the meter and therefore not being charged.

A friend was looking at a PTO driven pellet maker. I think your on to an excellent business venture especially in this climate.

Certainly not those arable/dairy farmers that's for sure! ;)

We never had an offer on pellets like that! Best we had was, paying for chip via kwh, which I thought was pretty good as any heat wasted to the ground etc was free as it wasn't passing the meter and therefore not being charged.

A friend was looking at a PTO driven pellet maker. I think your on to an excellent business venture especially in this climate.

Yeah, we have a biomass company as well, we have investors that have a pot of money to buy boilers and take the RHI, they are giving us the funds to make the plant so they also have a cheap source of pellets.

Quite exciting times, getting the testing done in our boiler today to get it certified, if that goes okay then we are good to go.

The race to get in before the September RHI review! ;)

They are lighting my boiler today at about 11 to test! Hopefully everything will be running fine when i get home! fingers crossed!

She's running! My house is lovely and warm and the hot water in scolding! Will go and check the other house in a bit. The workshop/drying room fan works a treat too!

The boiler was rated at somewhere around 90%, cant remember the exact figure. Filled the chamber up with about 3 wheel barrow fulls of timber last night. It was still there this morning only in charcoal form. The pipes need to be insulated and a few bits and pieces need finishing off. I will then test how long a full load lasts me.

Back
Top Bottom