1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bios issue? Computer wont bootup without messing about

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by HaloUK, 23 Jan 2017.

1. HaloUK

Wise Guy

Hi All, got my dads pc at home its got an Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe motherboard.

When I go to boot up the PC it keeps saying...

Please enter setup to recover BIOS setting.
    Press F1 to run SETUP

Now all I need to do is hit F1, go into the advanced mode, click on exit and then and hit save changers & reset. The PC then boots up fine. If I then just reset the PC when its in Windows the PC booted up fine.

It's doing my head in... any ideas what I need to do to just get the damn thing to boot up to the login screen when turning the PC on?

2. Will_ASUSUK

Associate

3. HaloUK

Wise Guy

Hi Will, yes BIOS is latest. Think I reset CMOS. Will try again. Dad turns off the power to the socket connected to the PC. Am wondering if the motherboard battery has run down/flat. Would this cause this issue?

4. Cal_G

Gangster

I had a similar problem that turned out to be the PSU. It wouldn't work properly until it warmed up. Caused all kind of strange problems when it was cold. 100% stable when warm.

5. chippy08

Mobster

Yes it would try Battery first I had the same issue until i replaced the battery then it would save bios setting. When you have pc plugged in to mains the mains power is saving your settings but once you unplug the mains the settings go as battery is flat it cant save your settings.

Battery is cheap and you can get them local to you

Last edited: 24 Jan 2017
  6. ci_newman

Sgarrista

Sounds like a CMOS battery issue to me too!

7. HaloUK

Wise Guy

Thanks very much guys. Input much appreciated. I will purchase a new battery and see if the problem still shows. :)

8. HoneyBadger

Mobster

I reckon it will. Any CR2032 will suffice.