Bios update and Q-Fan issues

Associate
My motherboard is Strix X570-E with an old bios version 1201 x64. The Q-Fan is suddenly stuck on high speed and BIOS Q-Fan does not respond. Tried Fan Control software and that does not work. The noise is driving me mad!
Also, tried to update the BIOS from within BIOS (using Internet option). It only gives me an option to update to BIOS version 3001 (Current X570-E version on Asus site is 5001). I have not yet updated. Could this be the most I can update to?

Lastly, not having tried BIOS update, if things go wrong, can I use the BIOS port at the c=back of PC to change to a lower version?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Associate
before you go flashing, have you tried simply resetting bios to defaults? recommended anyway before flashing bios, but might solve the issue

Associate
OP
before you go flashing, have you tried simply resetting bios to defaults? recommended anyway before flashing bios, but might solve the issue
Yes - tried default reset but no luck. I think the motherboard might have an issue - it is 6 years old.

Associate
OP
If I end up having to replace the Motherboard, can I just get a new board with AM4 socket and DDR4 memory spec. I really do not want to replace more than I need to. I do not use it for Gaming now.

My current PC:

Case be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 Rev. 2
Motherboard Asus Strix X50 – E Gaming
CPU AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
Memory GSkill F4 3200 - 2 x 16Gb
CPU Fan BE QUIET Dark Rock Pro 4
Power 750W be quiet! Straight Pwr 11

Man of Honour
Great, thanks. Any B550 you can recommend? I want to stick to Socket AM4 and DDR4.
B550A-Pro looks decent for the money. TUF B550-Plus is fine, Tomahawk is fine, Gaming X V2 is fine (though think the spec is a bit lower than the other boards). I'd avoid the B550 Gaming Gen3, since it is only PCI-E 3.0 and just 1x M.2 slot.

Associate
OP
I would try to update the bios to the latest first using the flashback function.

Not familiar with that case but have read it has a fan controller. It may be that that is not functioning correctly.

Have added a link to a online manual incase you have lost yours.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1518098/Be-Quiet-Dark-Base-Pro-900.html?page=8#manual
Tried but no difference. Over the weekend, will disconnect this swich from the Motherboard and see what happens.

Soldato
Just spoke to Support for the Case. The CPU is always connected to the MB directly. The Fan Controller on the case supports case fans only - these fans are not an issue.
Sorry, i don't know why i thought it was the case fans you are having issues with. :o

Have you tried the CPU fans plugged directly into the motherboard instead of using the splitter?

Soldato
Could try removing the front 120mm fan and just use the middle fan (plugged into the main CPU fan header).

If it still runs full speed it may be quieter and will probably still cool your CPU sufficiently.

Do any other fan headers work on the motherboard or are they all stuck on high speed?

Associate
OP
B550A-Pro looks decent for the money. TUF B550-Plus is fine, Tomahawk is fine, Gaming X V2 is fine (though think the spec is a bit lower than the other boards). I'd avoid the B550 Gaming Gen3, since it is only PCI-E 3.0 and just 1x M.2 slot.
Was looking at B550A. There are 2 M.2 slots but appear not to have heatsinks on it. Can you buy heatsinks to fit over these M.2 slots?

Back
Top Bottom