Bios Update! do i install all of them or just latest please?

Associate
hi,

im updating an old board GA-H61MA-D3V (rev. 2.0) that the bios says its F1. but theres 4 bios updates on site https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/GA-H61MA-D3V-rev-20/support#support-dl-bios
Do i just download the latest or install all of them from start to latest please. Only asking because ive never updated a MB before and dont want ruin it. And i guess its just put on a memory stick and installed after rebooting pc!

thank you for any help on this

Associate
OP
k thanks,

on the site it says
  1. Beta BIOS
  2. Improve High-End Display card compatibility
thought it wasnt a good idea to get beta bios! but i think i need part 2 for gpu's but i guess theres no choice?

Don
Have you got an issue with a Graphics card e.g. not booting?

If you have then try F6 first (which also includes all previous fixes, including F5's "Improve PCIEx16 graphic card compatibility") as it's non-beta so will be better tested.

If still an issue then try the beta bios.

If no issue at all, then I wouldn't bother updated - leave well alone! :)

Associate
OP
Have you got an issue with a Graphics card e.g. not booting?

If you have then try F6 first (which also includes all previous fixes, including F5's "Improve PCIEx16 graphic card compatibility") as it's non-beta so will be better tested.

If still an issue then try the beta bios.

If no issue at all, then I wouldn't bother updated - leave well alone! :)

ok much appreciated thank you. i was advised to update it with putting a gpu in old machine but i havent seen any issues yet so i may take your advice for now unless anything changes. thanks

Associate
OP
guess i might need to update bios, i plugged the gpu in and no signal on 2 monitors i tried not even a beep from pc and then put old card back in and it all loaded up fine, so im not sure why it didnt load up unless its the bios that needs update!

Associate
OP
i put all the F6 files on to a memory stick using the fat32 system and rebooted pc with stick in and the post screen just stays froze nothing will work until i take out the stick and reboot. not exactly sure what im doing wrong as its my first flashing of a mb.

Soldato
If you have a Gigabyte you should be able to enter the bios and press F8 for q-flash. I just updated my X570 to F12h and I've spent a good while getting a decent 3600Mhz cl16 "overclock" out of my Patriot Viper steel 4400C19 (including stress testing with TM5 v3 & media coder x264 encoding).

If you get stuck on the post screen with the stick in - then only put the usb stick in once you're in the bios. Alternatively, there should be an autoexec.bat and corresponding flash.exe in the download package. I chose to only copy the bios file itself and use q-flash since its not a windows based tool.

Back
Top Bottom