Bios update

Associate
Hey guys Ive got a Gigabyte GA P35-S3g Mobo and i managed to get my hands on an Intel Q9650.

Basically I've installed the new CPU with a freezer pro 7 rev 2 and its temps are quite high idling at 45-50 and on load hitting 70+ plus I've randomly Blue screened a few times and I've been looking around as to why this is and I've noticed that there are 3 newer bios versions listed for my board and F4 in particular has this as the description (Update CPU microcode(Support Intel Wolfdale/Yorkfield E0-stepping CPU) my CPU is the Yorkfield with E0 stepping, my question is there is a newer bios than that so which one should i install?

This is the link to my board on the gigabyte website

Thanks in advanced guys

Soldato
Install the newest bios available for your board, it will include all of the fixes from the previous bios updates too including the updates in F4.

Be warned though, If you are getting random BSOD's then I wouldn't recommend flashing inside of windows, if you get a BSOD whilst its flashing, its bye bye to your board, use DOS or the Q-Flash utility built into the bios.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Install the newest bios available for your board, it will include all of the fixes from the previous bios updates too including the updates in F4.

Be warned though, If you are getting random BSOD's then I wouldn't recommend flashing inside of windows, if you get a BSOD whilst its flashing, its bye bye to your board, use DOS or the Q-Flash utility built into the bios.

ok thanks are there any decent guides? ive found a video tutorial on youtube its for a different motherboard but still uses Qflash

Back
Top Bottom