BIOS updating

Associate
Hey everyone. Building my new pc next week and in prep for this i have downloaded the latest version of the Asus ROG Strix B650E-E BIOS onto a USB stick. There is 2 files on the drive, a renamer and what i assume is the actual BIOS update but theyre in a zip file. Do i need to unzip or separate the files or anything before i start the build and go to update the BIOS?

Associate
I will double check in a minute for you particular board but on vast majority of the new boards you can update the BIOS directly from the BIOS itself (sounds weird, I know..)

You have full network (wired) access from within UEFI BIOS to do this and you do not need to download anything and write to USB drives etc. - makes the whole process amazingly simple.

Soldato
Hey everyone. Building my new pc next week and in prep for this i have downloaded the latest version of the Asus ROG Strix B650E-E BIOS onto a USB stick. There is 2 files on the drive, a renamer and what i assume is the actual BIOS update but theyre in a zip file. Do i need to unzip or separate the files or anything before i start the build and go to update the BIOS?
Having a quick look online there is a video below, seems like you extract both from the zip file to the USB stick and needs to be in FAT32 file system

Last edited:
Associate
I cannot find a definite answer to flashing over the internet from UEFI but you definitely need to extract the .zip

Asus says:

Code:
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SB650EE.CAP) using BIOSRenamer

ROG-STRIX-B650E-E-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-2413.zip contains:

BIOSRenamer.exe
ROG-STRIX-B650E-E-GAMING-WIFI-ASUS-2413.CAP

Last edited:
Associate
I cannot find a definite answer to flashing over the internet from UEFI but you definitely need to extract the .zip

Asus says:

Code:
Before running the USB BIOS Flashback tool, please rename the BIOS file (SB650EE.CAP) using BIOSRenamer
The BIOS renamer is only needed if you borked your mobo and you want to recover it.

Soldato
I do something like this:

1: Download the BIOS.zip, extract it to the USB.
2: Go into the BIOS.
3: Go to the Tools menu, then EZflash (think).
4: Select the .cab file from the list, then click yes.
5: Then wait for it to complete, it takes a few restarts so just wait for the press F1/F2 prompt thing.

Back
Top Bottom