1  snip (snip)  0.813 ms  0.790 ms snip (snip)  0.607 ms
 2  * * *
 3  * * *
 4  * * *
 5  * * *
 6  * * *
 7  * * *
 8  95.85.0.237 (95.85.0.237)  0.357 ms !N * *

The hosting company probably null-routed the destination IP. That's what we do when customers are under attack and don't have DDoS mitigation services.

Don
The hosting company probably null-routed the destination IP. That's what we do when customers are under attack and don't have DDoS mitigation services.

Exactly this, I just recommended to the big cheeses we just get a load balancer (or even just a dull round robin dns setup) and a few more public IPs, then the script kiddies can chase their tails to their heart's content.

Exactly this, I just recommended to the big cheeses we just get a load balancer (or even just a dull round robin dns setup) and a few more public IPs, then the script kiddies can chase their tails to their heart's content.

Ah cool, haven't seen that before. Neat.

Thundy changed his avatar last week as he made a bad joke

:D

Don
I love home delivery. Waiting for Tesco to deliver with a fishing rod and a bucket on the end like Buffalo Bill. Door bell rings, reel it down screaming "PUT THE FAIRY LIQUID IN THE BASKET!"

haha :D :D

"now it places the lotion in the basket"

I will do that to the DPD guy, he might see the funny side.....due here in 45 mins so best find a bucket and some rope :D

The future of the company that (now) hosts Overclockers is worrying to say the least.

I hope off-site (in another datacentre by another company) backups are being taken often.

Who's in charge of this at OcUK? Feel free to trust me and I'll provide more info.

Everything is perfectly taken care of in that respect, I'm sure between us we have centuries of datacentre, backup, database and alike skills. DDOS as I'm sure you know merely denies access to a site it doesn't compromise any data :)

Don
Don't forget the GoPro

Poo, mine is strapped to the mast of a yacht currently in (checks AIS.....) the panama canal :(

I lent it to a chick under the assumption I wouldn't be doing anything remotely exciting till next spring :p

lemme find an old POE cctv thingy I have kicking around from yet another failed project :o

oh and I'll find a dog and quickly name it precious too

Soldato
Poo, mine is strapped to the mast of a yacht currently in (checks AIS.....) the panama canal :(

I lent it to a chick under the assumption I wouldn't be doing anything remotely exciting till next spring :p

lemme find an old POE cctv thingy I have kicking around from yet another failed project :o

oh and I'll find a dog and quickly name it precious too

I will buy you a beer or ... something if you actually record this............

Back
Top Bottom