• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Bit the bullet and managed to buy a 3090 - but........

Associate
OP
I have a corsair HX1000i PSU

It's just weird that games run fine as most users say when they get the red LED that's it. I heard it can be caused by blown fuses?. Well it is being collected on Monday and I've asked for a refund. Might wait until next gen comes out so have a more substantial upgrade or move to Consoles.

Associate
I have RMA'd through the UK company ordered from (who very nicely have a DPD driver collecting on Monday) as it sounds like hell to courier to EVGA as it has to go overseas (Germany i think), brexit etc. EVGA advise you have to cover the costs to return to them.
I RMA'd a 560 (IIRC) to them back in the day, they sent back a 660 (as all they had left). Only cost me the postage one way (was their 3 year warranty, there might not be postage costs within the first year). So they were really good. No idea as to now due to the current impossibility to get stock. Hope it works out for you, as a 3090 is a bit more to worry about than a 560!

Associate
If they’re making you pay up front for return postage I’d seriously consider if you wanted to purchase anything from them in the future.
EVGA seem to be resting on their laurels from being one of the best manufacturers of card from previous generations.

Soldato
Evga supports differs based on country

In Australia EVGA isn't great and shops don't have much stock for their cards. In Australia ASUS is the best gpu brand, their RMA service is excellent and they have lots of gpu stock

Associate
This is why I stick with specific companies for specific things. Asus for motherboard and GPU, Corsair For RAM and PSU and Samsung for SSD's. Never had any troubles to date. I avoid MSI like the plague as over the years had nothing but trouble with their motherboards in multiple instances. Never dealt with EVGA and hearing this gives me no reason to start.

Associate
This is why I stick with specific companies for specific things. Asus for motherboard and GPU, Corsair For RAM and PSU and Samsung for SSD's. Never had any troubles to date. I avoid MSI like the plague as over the years had nothing but trouble with their motherboards in multiple instances. Never dealt with EVGA and hearing this gives me no reason to start.
After hearing multiple horror stories about Asus RMA over the years, I wouldn't touch them personally.

Caporegime
Evga used to be a good company, not been the case for a while now.
People (elsewhere) are saying the same thing about MSI, Gigabyte...

Across the board it seems that customer perceptions of these brands is at something of a low point. Maybe standards really are dropping with multiple companies, targeting profits and letting QA etc go by the wayside.

Whilst I was looking for a mobo various complaints about Gigabyte "not being any good any more". Hearing the same about MSI GPUs. EVGA too.

Is everything really going to ****? :p

Soldato
Can you really blame EVGA's customer service when the decline is due to Brexit?

To be fair pre-Brexit they have been really good on my 2080ti and EVGA PSU 1000w RMA's, the latter I received an updated model.
Then again the 9xx series was an EVGA fiasco and what they did with MSI Afterburner was down right disgusting to the author.

Every company has good and bad service just depends on who has the majority of good service at the time is the best to go with.

Associate
We weren't officially able to setup trade agreements until we had formally left. Also it was an impossible task to do, as both the EU and UK wouldn't budge on issues.

Well certain 'stuff' that I buy from Denmark used to be free delivery on orders over £20. Its now min order of £70 for free, or £4 delivery over £40.

I complained to said store and they basically told me it was due to Brexit ruining their delivery charges.

So do I blame the retailer or do I blame brexit? Doing the former is on the same level as getting mad at supermarkets for charging for single use plastic bags because the government made them do so.

Back
Top Bottom