Bitfenix Nova Super Budget build

Soldato
I wanted a white case to put a PC of old components which im going to leave in my dads office so i can manage there network files software etc, without kicking them of their PCs

Found a Nova case in clearance for £19.99 including next day delivery.. Case arrived and was suspiciously rattly.. :( opened the box and the acrylic window was floating around inside the case, easy fix. placed window back and bent lugs in place so all good. fitted a socket 1366 supermicro server board with a 4 core xeon 12gb ram, 128gb SSD , 320gb HDD, cougar PSU which i had when on offer, and a very old Nvidia 8800GT. The vinyl was coming off the shroud so i cleaned it off , then cleaned with isopropyl then sprayed it white and added some vinyl lettering, i think it looks quite smart

The CPU power wasnt long enough to go behind so had to tie it back of case

Z2I3kzu.jpg
Yke2a75.jpg
O0xN0aP.jpg

Associate
While you had the white paint out, you didn't fancy attacking the front of the optical drive??
Optical Drives the bane of all white cases :( Did any ever come with white covers ... I've never seen one.

Associate
Perhaps there’s a gap in the market... you wouldn’t need to sell the drives, just the plastic covers for the front. I think that the problem is that black is quite forgiving but if the white is slightly different it could look very wrong.

Back
Top Bottom