Biting the bullet

Permabanned
OK, apologies for a different 360 thread - looking for some games advice to go along with what ill be getting:

360 Premium - with Darkness & Forza 2 @ 279.99
VGA Cable @ 19.99

Then probably 2 from 3:
Dead Rising @ 19.99
Gears of War @ 29.99 :eek:
Condemned @ 19.99

The above are all priced from a high street games outlet, however I could probably find them cheaper shopping around

What id like to know is:

Is Gears of War worth getting now its well into its life? Id mainly get it for MP, so id rather wait for GOW2 if the community is on the downturn......

looking at 300 for console + 4 games (if i use a 20 gift voucher and trade in ps2) - not too shabby :)

Gears is still doing fine MP wise and if you ain't played it before you'll enjoy it even more it's a blast on MP, it's still the most played game online for 360 I think.

Gears is definitely worth getting, im sure you must be able ton find it cheaper than that. Gears 2 is likely a very long way off, i assume most of the team are working on UT3 at the moment.

Of those three games, you MUST get Condemned. It's universally liked, and you will be hard pressed to find somebody who has anything bad to say about it. The other two games have a marmite element to them.

KNiVES said:
Of those three games, you MUST get Condemned. It's universally liked, and you will be hard pressed to find somebody who has anything bad to say about it. The other two games have a marmite element to them.
I hated it. AS did McDaniel :p.

Dead Rising is one of the best games in years for what it gives and Gears of War is a masterclass in game production.

NokkonWud said:

Dead Rising is one of the best games in years for what it gives and Gears of War is a masterclass in game production.

wouldn'y say it's a must buy game, but it definately has some scary moments (the janitor who falls out of the locker in the school - actually jumped when that happened) and isn't designed to be played late at night in the darkness. Overall, it's short and sweet with very very very simplistic level design tbh. Also wasn't a fan of what a total anticlimax the final boss of the game is. Several hit and a few blocks and he's dead within 3 minutes :( :|If you'r into achievements that will make you play it through a few more times.

KNiVES said:

I hated it. Boring as hell. completed then didnt even put it back in to improve my achievements, just traded it in.

suarve said:
wouldn'y say it's a must buy game, but it definately has some scary moments (the janitor who falls out of the locker in the school - actually jumped when that happened) and isn't designed to be played late at night in the darkness. Overall, it's short and sweet with very very very simplistic level design tbh. Also wasn't a fan of what a total anticlimax the final boss of the game is. Several hit and a few blocks and he's dead within 3 minutes :( :|If you'r into achievements that will make you play it through a few more times.

And when you're quite done ruining the game...

Last edited:
I like condemned, it is a good game, might not get you playing thought it 18 times, but still a nice way to spend 10-12 hours. It is as close to playing a horror movie as you are likely to get.

GoW i wouldn't worry about the online dying to much, it will always have its dedicated followers, though i honestly don't know how easy it will be for newcomers to get into it though. Also the map packs will be free in a few months which should also give it a wee bost :)

KNiVES said:

One3 of the worst games i have ever played. ever

NokkonWud said:

Dead Rising is probably by favourite game on the 360 (I loved the original Dawn of the Dead though)
Gears of War is an essential experience
As for Condemned, Nokkon's an eejit and don't listen;) It's fantastic if played in short bursts with the lights down low. There are better but it's a very good game.

Get Dead Rising and GoW then pick up Condemned later (but do).

Back
Top Bottom