Bittorrent problem

Soldato
Hi guys,

I find that whenever I use Bittorrent it's impossible to do anything else internet related. I just can't view websites or anything.

I'm using uTorrent if that's any help. Maybe there's another client that will be better?

Thanks for any help.

You need to balance the uploads and the downloads because TCP/IP sends packets in both directions all the time. If you don't throttle your uploads then you'll saturate your upstream bandwidth so the ACK packets for your web browsing are delayed and the whole shebang slows down. If you throttle your uploads too much then the ACK packets for the torrent downloads are delayed and hence the download slows.

In the preferences lower the maximum number of global connections until you reach a happy medium. It's more than likely your router is unable to handle the number of connections; resulting in slow query times.

My line supports 45Kbs UP and 1.2Mbs down. I limit my upload at 30Kbs. Try lowering the connection and peers you see on a torrent too 230 (global) and 80 peers per torrent under the bit torrent section in options in utorrent.

Don't limit the upload to 1kB/s that's a bad idea, bittorrent doesn't work like that.

What speed internet both download and upload do you have?

Is it a public tracker? public sites are filled with people compared to a private so your computer is making a lot of connections, lowering the MAXIUM OF CONNECTED PEERS PER TORRENT should help, I have mine set to 150.

Also only download one torrent at a time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom