Bizarre auto correct problem

Associate
So I updated my iphone 7 to the latest software update this morning. Ever since then, whenever I type the word "is" in any application (whatsapp, messenger, txt messages) the phone is auto-correcting it to "I.S"
I cant seem to change it at all. Reset my dictionary, changed languages and back, even tried adding a shortcut so that "is" spells "is" when typed but it changes nothing.
As you can imagine its becoming a real pain to constantly have to change "I.S" every time its changed form "is".

Anyone any idea wtf has happened?

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

What keyboards and dictionaries have you got installed? Try taking it back to just British English on both keyboard and dictionary, reset the dictionary, and make sure you haven't got any text replacements setup (General > Keyboard > Text Replacement).

Associate
OP
OK well Apple support finally sussed it out for me after about 3 hours on chat. (My god their support guys type slowly).
I ended up getting put through to senior tech, he said that if you update your phone over the air rather than plugged into Itunes on a desktop computer, that it is sometimes liable to corruption and this fault can occur. Some people get "it" changed to "I.T" too he said.
Anyway, the solution was to first backup the phone onto Itunes, plug the phone into my PC and then hold the power on and volume down button. This then triggers a full restore, and part of that process means the PC re-downloaded the new IOS update and installed it again onto the phone. Once that finished and the phone rebooted, set it all up as a fresh phone. The tested that the I.S problem was resolved (it was). Then I restored my previous backup to get all my data back on the phone, job done.
The irritating part of all this was the 2 hours chat to the first support guy, he didnt have a clue what I was talking about, even with several examples. He said he had never heard of the problem before once he finally understood what was happening, yet when he finally gave up and put me onto a senior tech the new guy knew exactly what it was. They need to filter that senior knowledge down the chain!!

Deleted member 138126

D

Deleted member 138126

Apple chat support have been universally useless for me. A fairly disappointing aspect of their otherwise sterling support infrastructure.

Soldato
Was having this issue with the word it not working properly, alt clicking update and pointing to the 11.1 ipsw file fixed it on my X. Didn’t have to wipe the phone or restore any backups or anything, just refreshed the OS.

Back
Top Bottom