Bizarre Bsod issue!

Associate
Hi all,

I'm usually a silent problem solver and never really ask for help just trawl the net for possible fixes till i nail it.
However this issue has been plaguing me for sometime now and i though i would call up on the only forum I'm actually signed up to that i think could genuinely help me.

Basically my PC is bsod'ing when idling. If have my pc on while on my PlayStation and its sitting not doing much it will bsod regularly. However if i playing a game it seems pretty comfortable running along nicely.
This is where ive gotten to the point where im leaving a game idling in the background just so my pc doesn't bsod (which works btw)

Ive replaced the motherboard after i thought it was that with the same issue. Ive switched ram with my sons but got similar results.

Im running....

https://valid.x86.fr/vxl7uk

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated

Associate
OP
What's the BSOD error code?

Do you have anything overclocked?

Bios / drivers up to date etc?

Its comes up with different error codes and my pc resets that quickly more often then not i dont get chance to see the error code.
The ones i recall are...
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

no overclock that i have done ! ( might be a motherboard boost setting that i dont know about )

Yes Bios / Drivers up to date. I ended up getting a new motherboard as at one stage i thought it was that even after updating it

Associate
OP
Is the pc set to sleep / standby after a particular time, and does that timing align with when the BSODs happen after the system is left idle? Same for HDDs, see if their idle/sleep timing aligns with when the system bluescreens.

Checked your cpu pins? Could be the CPU falling over when it attempts to initiate a particular sleep/idle state.

I used to only ever just switch it off at night but recently ive been putting it to sleep but this doesnt seem to have any effect as it seems to still act the same if ive got no game running.

I did this maybe the 2nd hdd is going sleep and its tripping itself up and the reason it doesnt when im playing games as they are all installed on my 2nd drive not my main m.2

How would i go about checking these ?

Cheers for the reply

Associate
OP
So its been fine without a single issue for 5 days then boom its reset about 20 times tonight. Even resetting on the windows login screen.

codes like:
SYSTEM_THRED_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Associate
OP
Unless your BSODs are instant and the Windows kernel doesn't get the chance to wrote the minidump, you should be able to see your actual Stop code.

The raw files are in
C:\Windows\Minidump

but easiest is to download BlueScreenView from nirsoft
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

That at least should get you more info either to Google or post here.

Ill give this a go if a can as last night it was resetting like crazy

Back
Top Bottom