Black Friday build.

Associate
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for advice on a Black Friday build. Here is what I have so far:
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £3,292.12 (includes shipping: £15.30)

Ideas for improvement or any suggestions are highly welcome

PS: I'm also highly receptive of a ThreadRipper 2950x build of around 3 to 4 k. (only exception: No Gigabyte Mobos for this).

Last edited:
Soldato
@Psihi

Heads up, that Aorus is already on sale, Pre-order sales. Soon as stock lands in next week - price will shoot up. Expect £1500 range, near Strix and Trio pricing. Ain't going to drop back to that level, specially when it's cheaper then some reference PCB models .
That bundle is bound by stock , already been out of stock twice due to running out of motherboards, if that, ram, SSD or CPU is out of stock, it lists as out of stock with no pre-order option .

If you going TR, then any board can handle the 16cores, only MSI Meg and Aorus Xtreme can handle the 24/32 core chip without their VRM melting etc
If your just gaming, TR isn't the best, 2700X would be a better option

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else can help with ideas for improvement???

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/cool...ressable-rgb-cpu-cooler-360mnm-hs-080-cm.html

out of stock but easier to sync to board

could grab V1 of the pro 900 for £175 on sale, doesn't come with USB C or shroud though but have heard OCUK have given this part out as free with promo if a lot is spent

would personally just get a 1tb or 2tb SSD for the price of NVMe if your not doing some serious workloads that shift a lot of data to and from RAM

also, order the GPU before stocks land! most likely you wont get the first batch but soon as they come and then go out of stock, PRICE WILL INCREASE. its only for pre-order at this price as mentioned in this thread

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...d-they-perfected-it-rtx-2000-series.18834344/

Soldato
Well i want it for gaming but I also don't want to touch it for a few years...

i9 9900k... better for gaming, and should last just as long as i7 4 cores did, 7 years - specially when games are coded to use more threads, until then you've got pure speed and greater IPC to fend off AMD CPUs - but you pay the price... literally

Soldato
Another Intel option. If you want RGB you could add some different fans (Or Halos Frames) for the AIO/case and/or RGB strips etc.

The Phanteks Enthoo Pro is a pretty nice case for just under £100. Classed as a Mid Tower but lots of room to work in, and not that much smaller than the BeQuiet case in your spec.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £2,905.12 (includes shipping: £15.30)

Associate
OP
Another Intel option. If you want RGB you could add some different fans (Or Halos Frames) for the AIO/case and/or RGB strips etc.

The Phanteks Enthoo Pro is a pretty nice case for just under £100. Classed as a Mid Tower but lots of room to work in, and not that much smaller than the BeQuiet case in your spec.

Hm, interesting. However you just quoted what i had with a couple of cheaper components. Im interested in diversity and better quality not because is cheaper. I have a 4k buget for this PC.

Soldato
Hm, interesting. However you just quoted what i had with a couple of cheaper components. Im interested in diversity and better quality not because is cheaper. I have a 4k buget for this PC.

Eisbaer is a better AIO , TT is CLC technically .
As with NVMe, yes it is better on paper, but in reality for Gaming... You'll see no performance gains / difference . Rather go with a larger drive , say Samsung 2 TB ssd for similar price .

Soldato

Cheaper doesn't always mean lesser quality. You can pay a premium just for a Brand name i.e Asus and Corsair etc. The spec I posted gives exactly the same performance for less money.

Back
Top Bottom