• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black friday deals?

Associate
Well unless Gibbo drops any hints we won't know for sure until then but as it's not that far away unless you desperately need a new card right now then I'd say wait and see. There were some very good gpu deals last year, I'm hoping for something on a 390 myself this year.

Soldato
I believe FA4 doesn't cope with multicards atm and is also a game which eats up GPU power.

What resolution are you at?

If you had 980 money, i would wait for cyber Monday and then see if you can bag a 980ti, if not then grab a 970/390 if you are on 1080p and save the rest for a second card in the future.

Soldato
There is no crossfire profile for Fallout 4 yet but you can get the game running pretty well if you use the Crysis 3 profile. I get about 70% scaling on my setup (around 80 fps @ 1080P).

I expect AMD to release new drivers when they update the Crimson driver suite on 24th November.

Associate
There is no crossfire profile for Fallout 4 yet but you can get the game running pretty well if you use the Crysis 3 profile. I get about 70% scaling on my setup (around 80 fps @ 1080P).

I expect AMD to release new drivers when they update the Crimson driver suite on 24th November.

Will Have to try that thanks :)

Associate
Hi,

I too am waiting for Black Friday to see what GPU deals are out there, just wondering what kind of things would be considered good? I have around £300 to spend (can probably do more if I have to, like £350 etc) so is there anything in particular I should be looking out for on Black Friday in this price range? You joke about the 980Ti (which would be AWESOME) but realistically what might be achievable for me?

Cheers

Caporegime
Hi,

I too am waiting for Black Friday to see what GPU deals are out there, just wondering what kind of things would be considered good? I have around £300 to spend (can probably do more if I have to, like £350 etc) so is there anything in particular I should be looking out for on Black Friday in this price range? You joke about the 980Ti (which would be AWESOME) but realistically what might be achievable for me?

Cheers

With the sale of the game code you might be able to pick up a 980ti for close to £400.

OcUK Staff
Yeah there is going to be 980Ti's for £299.99, just wait ;) ;)

But seriously, should be something. I remember it last year.

This definetely will not be happening unfortunately guys.

There will be deals, but there will be no 980Ti's at sub £300, not even sub £400.

Back
Top Bottom