Black Friday - Replacing Dell 7577 with desktop VR ready + chromebook

Associate
Hi. I own a Dell 7577. I paid £1250 for all it all in. I'm returning it to get a desktop PC and a chromebook. I currently like the performance the Dell gives me, but I want to be VR ready (or widescreen ready, I have been decided yet) so a better graphics card than a max-q 1060 GTX is preferable.

This leaves me with a £1000 +/- budget for a desktop.

Can anyone help me out and spec me something for black friday?

It's also my first build. I'm scared.

Soldato
First of all like the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy says, DON'T PANIC!

Secondly, welcome to the forums!

Building your own computer is nothing to be afraid of, there's some really good tutorials on YouTube that cover all aspects of system building from applying thermal paste and cable management to hard line water cooling your system.

In regards to Black Friday, nobody knows what the deals will be yet but you should make some savings.

What type of games do you or are you wanting to play? Other than just VR. Do you have any other requirements?

I'm going to assume you don't need a monitor, mouse or keyboard. And that your monitor is likely some 1080p 60Hz panel (If so you may want to think about buying a better monitor if you want to get the most out of your hardware).

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,170.13 (includes shipping: £15.30)​

I've gone a bit over budget, however the 1070ti though you can swap it out for a similar priced amd card if you want to go Freesync not gsync, will do great for monitors up to 34inch ultra wide at 1440p. On the AM4 board you have a decent upgrade path and can drop in a much more beastly cpu at a later date if you want. You also get a free SSD you can use as a boot drive and then the Firecuda for your games library etc.

Soldato
matching the above but with intel . If your rocking anything lower res then Vive Pro then Intel's IPC and clock speed with help gain higher FPS

E
Total: £1,094.52 (includes shipping: £12.60)

forgot to add P300 1TB HDD £35

ryzen 2600x + rtx 2070....

BB CODE
Total: £1,131.48 (includes shipping: £12.60)​

Back
Top Bottom