US: Black Lightning

Soldato
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt6045840/

Jefferson Pierce has made his choice. He hung up the suit and his secret identity years ago, but with a daughter hell-bent on justice and a star student being recruited by a local gang, he'll be pulled back into the fight as the wanted vigilante and DC legend: Black Lightning.

Given it a watch, not massively convinced, will give it another EP to be sure

Associate
yeah saw it myself also and i am wondering what timeline this one is ... would it interconnect with the black panther or would that be a whole different path. So far the acting is a bit budget, which i thought was cheap... but at the end it showing that someone in his family has an ability also, so i wonder what would that character be portrayed in the episodes to comes... so i will hold my rating for now...

Soldato
I watched this and really enjoyed it.

As a first episode effort and especially compared to the usual Marvel / DC series slow starts or never really popping at all, this definitely started strong.

Likable main characters with enough implied back story and villains you want to see bite the dust from the off is good going.

Soldato
I thought it was good when he was being teacher. The second they got the cheese suit on it was stronger than a stinky Stilton.

Seriously who wouldn't notice the guy in the giant power rangers suit standing on a roof top in bright street lights. Lol

R3X

R3X

Soldato
This is sounding like perhaps the worst dc/marvel tv series to come out in a long time.....

Maybe its good if it stays separate from the arrow-verse universe !

Soldato
Due to it only being 40 mins I gave the first episode a watch and I'm not sure what it's trying to be, upto the point of the suit going on it came across as urban,gritty etc then suddenly changed it's tone.

Soldato
I tried to stick with this I have watched the first 12 episodes, but things are getting worse and worse. Gambi is the worst actor ever, he virtually calls it in from home.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
It was ok but I am quite surprised they made black lighting an older guy in his mid 40s, doesn't fit remotely in the trend of CW and all Teen show at least someone in there 20s, 30s at least.

Seemed very average and everything got rushed to end with a super hero family almost, will still watch it but this show needs a lot more metas and 100% needs to be connected to the existing arrowverse, I believe it may do but they wanted to establish a show and presence first just like arrow did at the start.

Back
Top Bottom