• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Black Myth Wukong - Benchmark tool

The game ships with old versions of the DLSS FG and Super Res files:

nvngx_dlssd.dll 3.7.10
nvngx_dlss 3.1.30
nvngx_dlssg 3.6.00

I updated the dlls for SR and FG to 3.7.20 and got an updated benchmark result, also used DLSSTweaks to enable Preset mode E, visually the benchmark render looks a little crisper now too with Full RT.

JyE8hmF.jpeg

Base result:
Wtt6407.jpg

And base result with full RT off:
ZlCoHXi.jpg

No that's software Lumen, it will never go above around 140fps because of how inefficient and/or demanding it is even on a 4090 at 4K output (1080p upscaler internal render).

Here's what it looks like in motion vs DLAA, notice that the grass shimmering especially after the last quarter just after the archway bit, it is much more controlled in DLSS Performance whereas the shimmering is obvious in DLAA. The image reconstruction part of DLSS is doing a great job of reproducing the detail without the shimmering.

For the lols. No RT for 6900XT. Absolutely tanks the FPS even on low. Out of the three, XeSS was best for IQ, TSR second, and FSR was the worst. What is TSR?

Settings at default. 1440P / Very High.

FSR.jpg

TSR.jpg

XeSS.jpg

For the lols. No RT for 6900XT. Absolutely tanks the FPS even on low. Out of the three, XeSS was best for IQ, TSR second, and FSR was the worst. What is TSR?
Unreal Engine's inbuilt super sampling implementation.

it's really good in every game I've tried it.

Last edited:
you're still using RT if you've disabled Full Ray tracing btw, UE5 uses RT at its core (Lumen) in software mode but in some games it is hybrid Lumen too. So that explains the performance on AMD if you're getting unexpected framerates. The Full RT setting is purely for path tracing on or off.

you're still using RT if you've disabled Full Ray tracing btw, UE5 uses RT at its core (Lumen) in software mode but in some games it is hybrid Lumen too. So that explains the performance on AMD if you're getting unexpected framerates. The Full RT setting is purely for path tracing on or off.

The #RTevolution continues :cool:

Had another go. Used TSR for the sampling, as it does work well, and bumped up to cinematic quality level. Then used RSR to upscale from 1080p to 1440p. Decent enough result!
RSR.jpg

TSR-Second-Run.jpg

Don't mention that on reddit, they will have you for using upscaling because it's a lowly "1080p" :lp

Don't mention that on reddit, they will have you for using upscaling because it's a lowly "1080p" :lp
lol. :) I'll take all the help I can get to keep the 6900XT going. To be fair it is no raster slouch - now that you've enlightened me that Lumen is using RT. I should try some of these advanced settings out more often. Never even touched AFMF yet.

If on AMD don't bother with full RT. It says in this setting Enable Nvidia Ray Tracing so is most likely optimized for RTX cards. The game looks pretty good without that option on any how. I tried low to high RT and even on low with FG enabled it looked stuttery even when the fps was fine.

Another thing with this benchmark, on my system i have to restart each time i change a setting, if i don't the changes don't take effect.

Overall though the graphics are nice and what you would want on a high end system.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom