Black Ops 2 - Keeps crashing

Associate
Hi all,

While I'm in games on Black Ops 2 it comes up (occassionally, two - three times a day) saying that it stopped responding / check for a solution returns no info.

Running this rig;

Windows 7 64 bit
12 gigs of RAM
Asrock 970 Extreme4 Mobo
AMD 6100 (6 Core)

Temps look ok, or seem to be around 45-50 for the CPU and I've not checked the GPU yet.

Associate
Hi all,

While I'm in games on Black Ops 2 it comes up (occassionally, two - three times a day) saying that it stopped responding / check for a solution returns no info.

Running this rig;

Windows 7 64 bit
12 gigs of RAM
Asrock 970 Extreme4 Mobo
AMD 6100 (6 Core)

Temps look ok, or seem to be around 45-50 for the CPU and I've not checked the GPU yet.

What GPU are you using? Try updating your drivers for absolutely everything including audio, mobo chipset, SATA/IDE controllers, GPU and even your ethernet or wifi drivers... I would also try running Windows update too! I've had a couple of little glitches using AMD's 12.11 beta drivers with my Radeon 7950, but nothing serious or game breaking (they are beta drivers after all).

It could even be a game bug as it's probably a console port (if the last few COD games are anything to go by).

Last edited:
Soldato
What GPU are you using? Try updating your drivers for absolutely everything including audio, mobo chipset, SATA/IDE controllers, GPU and even your ethernet or wifi drivers... I would also try running Windows update too! I've had a couple of little glitches using AMD's 12.11 beta drivers with my Radeon 7950, but nothing serious or game breaking (they are beta drivers after all).

It could even be a game bug as it's probably a console port (if the last few COD games are anything to go by).

Do ATI still have driver issues?

This was one reason I went with Nvidia. With my previous ATI cards, I've had an issue with buggy drivers/card.

Associate
Do ATI still have driver issues?

This was one reason I went with Nvidia. With my previous ATI cards, I've had an issue with buggy drivers/card.

ATI (AMD) haven't had any major driver issues for quite sometime (in my experience). The whole nVidia vs ATI driver issue has been exaggerated over the years when ATI used to have slightly iffy drivers (years ago). nVidia drivers in general are no better or worse than AMD these days... I actually switched from nVidia to AMD a few years ago because i couldn't put up with nVidia's drivers at the time ;). I might have the very occasional glitch, but only because i'm using pre-release Beta drivers (so it's to be expected really)... I'm more than happy with my Radeon 7950 and it's noticeably better than my partners overclocked 'KFA2 GTX 660Ti EX OC' :).

You can't really go wrong with either GPU brand these days :cool:.

Last edited:
Soldato
I get the same thing but even worse - mine hard-crashes my pc!

:(

Windows 7 64bit
16gb RAM
2x 7970 Crossfire
i7 950 @ 4.2ghz
Asus Xonar Xense.

Really really annoying.

Soldato
I got the update and since then it has capped my fps to 60! Was happily hitting 80/90 before but since then it's been broken. Tried unpicking and reticking the sync every frame option and it bursts up to 120 then back down to 60 again.
( before its pointed out, yes I have a 120hz monitor )

Soldato
Going off-topic a bit... What monitor do you have and how good is it? I've been thinking about ditching my 23" LG IPS screen and going 120hz instead (less ghosting/motion blur) :)

Samsung S27A750D
It's lively for gaming, very sharp and I play a lot of F1 with FPS around 80/90 kind of mark. I find it very pleasing.

Shame BO is only hitting 60 FPS

Back
Top Bottom