Black plasters

Man of Honour
Why don't they make black plasters?

I was in a bank earlier and in front of me was a black man. He had obviously suffered some sort of injury as he had two plasters on his face. The thing was, they were the typical pinky beige type, the ones that are meant to try and match white skin (albeit badly) and they really stood out against his skin. I know they do clear ones and blue ones etc. but why not black plasters. Have I found one area where political correctness hasn't managed to penetrate?

Associate
lol

thats a good point actually, im suprised they haven't made them,

it could be because if you were wearing a black plaster and you were black, from a distance you would look like your skin was falling off. If it was a white plaster, it would look like a plaster?

dunno

Associate
Interesting. Perhaps it would be seen by some as a bad thing? making products specially for black people might in some strange way suggest the promotion of one product for one colour and one for the other?

Personally i never understand people that pick out every way of raising controversy in a situation, but i suppose there are people out there that will.

Man of Honour
OP
Admiral Huddy said:
You nutter.. but now you have mad this an issue you are well in the train of thought of being IPC junkie..

:D
OMFG! I've gone all PC in my old age, I'll be voting LibDem next! :eek: :p

Permabanned
seek said:
the same reason nurses dont wear black uniforms.

it's so you can easily tell how dirty they are.

When I was a student I lived in a house next door to some student nurses.

Dirty doesnt come close :eek: :eek: ;)

Soldato
One More Solo said:
OMG THAT'S SO RACIST!
no it isn't. the first ever nurses (back in florence nightingale's day) wore black uniforms. however this was changed to white so people could easily see when they were clean/dirty. it's not racist at all. it's hygiene.

the same applies to plasters and bandages. there are exceptions of course, i mean it's not like it's the law or anything, but most would rather favour hygiene than fashion/appearance.

Man of Honour
Visage said:
When I was a student I lived in a house next door to some student nurses.

Dirty doesnt come close :eek: :eek: ;)

*nods dirtily* yeah baby I love nurses!! :D

on topic, I think it's not really pc, but just sort of common sense really. I'm brown skinned and sometimes plaster's stand out like a sore thumb, some darker ones would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom