Black pudding - how to cook

Soldato
Frying is deffo the best, but microwaving works as well, but don't over do it. Just a quick warm through in the microwave.
Incidentally, microwaved haggis is the dogs danglies (prepares for howls of derision from the wrong side of Hadrians Wall). ;)

Associate
penski said:
Because it tastes damn good.

Don't be so ingorant.

2cm slices, fried in 'used' grease (preferably from thick, homesliced bacon chops and juicy sausages) so it's crispy on the outside but soft in the middle.

*n

That is definitely the best way. I used to put the black pudding in straight after i had taken the sausage out the frying pan.

Associate
OP
Chasser said:
Frying is deffo the best, but microwaving works as well, but don't over do it. Just a quick warm through in the microwave.
Incidentally, microwaved haggis is the dogs danglies (prepares for howls of derision from the wrong side of Hadrians Wall). ;)

You know it's strange you should say that, I like black pudding, faggots, kidney, liver, all that but I had the chance of trying proper haggis in a scottish pub the other day (The Crown in Biggar for anyone familiar) and I chose the steak pie instead. I think it's the lung bit that puts me off. Did I do wrong?

Permabanned
PrettyInPink said:
Ok now i really am going to be sick :( :D

Done it since I was a kid - if I have a scab I have to pick it...can't help myself.

Anyway, it's only congealed blood with a bit of dust in it. I've eaten worse...

*n

Soldato
Akira said:
You know it's strange you should say that, I like black pudding, faggots, kidney, liver, all that but I had the chance of trying proper haggis in a scottish pub the other day (The Crown in Biggar for anyone familiar) and I chose the steak pie instead. I think it's the lung bit that puts me off. Did I do wrong?

If you like all that, you would like haggis. Next time give it a go. Offal can't kill you........ ;)

Permabanned
Akira said:
Your sig seems strangely appropriate in this thread, don't you think?

That was a nosebleed :/

one of my old sigs was better:

A picture of a Toucan, a rhino, a giraffe and an elephant with the caption "For every animal you don't eat, I eat two from the endangered species list."

*n

Associate
OP
Chasser said:
If you like all that, you would like haggis. Next time give it a go. Offal can't kill you........ ;)

I think I will. It looked like a mushed up faggot when it was served to my mate, which surprised me. I was expecting a ball-like thing.

Permabanned
penski said:
That was a nosebleed :/

one of my old sigs was better:

A picture of a Toucan, a rhino, a giraffe and an elephant with the caption "For every animal you don't eat, I eat two from the endangered species list."

*n

The Orange car was better, cant remember what the car was :o

Soldato
It's one extreme or the other for me. Always fried - but either cut nice and thick and chunky, or wafer thin so it comes out like a crisp. Yum... although...

Haggis>* 'pudding'

Well except maybe fruit pudding..... but you can't get that everywhere! ;)

Soldato
Akira said:
I think I will. It looked like a mushed up faggot when it was served to my mate, which surprised me. I was expecting a ball-like thing.

They just took it out of the skin before they served it up. Next time give it a go, it is delicious. :)

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Muban said:
It's one extreme or the other for me. Always fried - but either cut nice and thick and chunky, or wafer thin so it comes out like a crisp. Yum... although...

Waffer theeeen huh? Never had it like that, always tend to have it thick sliced. I'll have to try a couple of bits like that next time.

Back
Top Bottom