Black Screen

Associate
I need help, sorry for so much info issue as follows

At random times during either web browsing, gaming or whatever and also if i leave PC unattended for 10mins 30mins or even an hour or more the screen cuts out goes black and i get flashing message saying

"Press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS"

Now i repeat that this happens randomly maybe once a day 2 or 3 times at day or maybe it doesn't happen for a day or so and doesn't matter what i'm using PC for.
When i then try and press F2 or DEL as prompted by the flashing black screen nothing happens , keyboard doesn't

respond maybe it can take 30secs or a minute of pressing F2 or DEL and it finally opens up with the ASUS UEFI Bios

screen,there is nothing unusual on it so i just exit and then i get a Windows Error Recovery black screen with some

options main one higlighted being "Start Windows Normally", so i hit enter and either windows loads really slowly or

it just goes straight back to the original black screen saying "Press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS", so i try again and

this time when Windows Error Recovery screen appears i try either Safe Mode or Start up repair but neither do

anything, system hangs so i have to power down PC, it switches off and when i boot up, windows loads but slower than

usual and i can use PC for an hour,a few hours, 1 day, a few days, whatever, until the same problem comes back.

Some things to note before anyone may ask.

Power management is set to never shut down if idle
i have swapped out and used different graphic cards,tried different molex connecters with the cards,updated drivers,

removed/replaced RAM, tried monitor with HDMI and DVI cable, tried different monitor, my temps and all settings seem

as normal, i've scanned PC numerous times, no new software added but the "Press F2 or DEL to enter BIOS" black

screen still randomly appears.

System specs
i5 4670, 16gb HyperFury RAM, MSI GTX1060 Gaming X or R9 280X, Windows 7, 550watt Corsair PS, Iiyama ProLite monitor XU2590HS

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to resolve.

Last edited:
Soldato
So the computer is rebooting/hanging seemingly at random?

I'd usually just point my finger at the PSU because I've had terrible experiences with Corsair PSUs in the past. I'd try swapping that out if you can. However, before you do that try resetting the CMOS, but I'm not confident it will work.

Back
Top Bottom