black screens when gaming

Associate
Had this in full screen since I got my card (various games) but as it was in a new system and I wasn't into gaming I didn't bother, so today did a clean install , reset the bios only installed chipset drivers from the manufacturers site and tried subnautica, it seemed to run okay in full screen restarted a few times and it was still okay, installed devil may cry 5 and now get black screens in both games in full screen mode but fine in borderless or windowed mode. Nothing oc and I have run 3D mark & FurMark over and over with no errors, so any ideas ?
Ryzen 5 2600
MSI B450 gaming pro carbon ac
Team Group dark pro 8 pack 2 x 8 Gb @ 3200
power color radeon rx580 red dragon v2 8$Gb
Dell SE2717H
Corsair MP510 NVMe M.2
Seasonic Focus Gold 650W
Win 10 pro

Associate
OP
Cable should be checked as well. I’ve had a dodgy DP cable cause similar issues.
Using hdmi no DP on the monitor and swapped months ago when this started with one that was used with my Apple TV 4K and that ran tests to make sure cable was up to 4K but will try another

Associate
OP
update did a clean install last night and just installed all drivers and no extras and one game Subnautica and it all seemed to be running fine, tried a few reboots and still I was able to game in full screen mode, now to this morning black screens are back in full screen mode and only update showing today is a windows defender update, but after some more investigating i tried clean boot and as only had 6 items turned them on 2 at a time and still nothing worked then found a bit about fast boot, and relised that i only get black screens after a cold start, a restart was fine so turned fast boot off and been in and out all day with subnatica running fine, so will install a couple of others and give them a try.

Back
Top Bottom