• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Blackwell gpus

yep. it didnt :(. something will give sooner or later in the hardware space... nintendos shigeru miyamoto recently said the company has no interest in being involved in the hardware competition race and just focus on making good games and i can totally see where hes coming from. one of my most played games is a 2d pixel art called noita lol. I dunno feel unsettled by all this.

AAA industry already have issues with flop after flop recently, they are already listening lessons, but as usual very slowly. Pushing all resources to graphics whilst gameplay just sucks is not a good idea. No amount of patching will fix this later, hence such games are doa. And very expensive to manage too, so usually just a big loss. I do prefer indie games recently or from smaller publishers (so called AA). Some of these can still use 4090 well but in much more sensible way.

AAA industry already have issues with flop after flop recently, they are already listening lessons, but as usual very slowly. Pushing all resources to graphics whilst gameplay just sucks is not a good idea. No amount of patching will fix this later, hence such games are doa. And very expensive to manage too, so usually just a big loss. I do prefer indie games recently or from smaller publishers (so called AA). Some of these can still use 4090 well but in much more sensible way.
yeah ive noticed that too. i bought witchfire the other day. looks wonderful, plays wonderful, more of this please lol.

To me it's clear that they're going to extend the price/performance stagnation that we've seen for lower/mid range cards all the way up to x80 now. So that in the end only the x90 will see any meaningful progress every gen (with ever increasing prices). And based on what I've seen of the PS5 Pro so far (glimpses into RDNA 4) AMD's not going to do much even in mid-range.

To me it's clear that they're going to extend the price/performance stagnation that we've seen for lower/mid range cards all the way up to x80 now. So that in the end only the x90 will see any meaningful progress every gen (with ever increasing prices). And based on what I've seen of the PS5 Pro so far (glimpses into RDNA 4) AMD's not going to do much even in mid-range.
yep. it feels like the innovation arms race is over now especially with AMD saying they're not even aiming for high end anymore. same thing is happening with xbox and ps5 its basically over for xbox hardware which just gives ps5 free reign to do whatever the hell they want coz what are you gonna do as a consumer? unless we all just suddenly stopped playing/buying hardware lol imagine a full year of just no buying new games or hardware...that'd get their attention :P

My price predictions.

5080 $999. Nvidia will claim 4090 beating performance in their graphs. In practice it will be 90% of the speed in native 4K raytracing. But nearly on par at 2K or 4K upscaled.

5090 $1899 rrp. However you'll need a bot to get one at that price for the first 2 months. It might be possible to get a PNY or Zotac for $1999 on release day.

Nothing wrong with Zotac so that brand would actually be my first choice, I've had no coil whine, good stock auto overclock (stays pretty much locked to around 2805mhz) and stays nice and cool with a low fan speed.

Last edited:
My price predictions.

5080 $999. Nvidia will claim 4090 beating performance in their graphs. In practice it will be 90% of the speed in native 4K raytracing. But nearly on par at 2K or 4K upscaled.

5090 $1899 rrp. However you'll need a bot to get one at that price for the first 2 months. It might be possible to get a PNY or Zotac for $1999 on release day.
To be honest, I'd like to believe those, but we've had a lot of inflation since the 4090 launched. I suspect they'll both end up $100 or so north of there.

Nothing wrong with Zotac so that brand would actually be my first choice, I've had no coil whine, good stock auto overclock (stays pretty much locked to around 2805mhz) and stays nice and cool with a low fan speed.
Same here, had their 3080 and now the 4090.
Great performance and a decent warranty, and my first choice will be their 5090.

Mrk keeps hoping they will all go above 1K. Anything less just does not computer in his head :cry:

He's heading for disappointment in a few weeks when CEX will offer £500 cash and £650 Voucher and sell it at £900-£1000 depending on model... That's how everyone seems to think the graphics cards cost whatever CEX offers.. Sad state of affairs but the reality... then you see people selling them at the voucher price on forums and selling sites. Happens every time.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TNA
He's heading for disappointment in a few weeks when CEX will offer £500 cash and £650 Voucher and sell it at £900-£1000 depending on model... That's how everyone seems to think the graphics cards cost whatever CEX offers.. Sad state of affairs but the reality... then you see people selling them at the voucher price on forums and selling sites. Happens every time.
There’s cards on there now that they’re only paying £730 cash for.

RTX 5080 will have 2 variants with 16GB and 24GB?

Last edited:
Yeah, my Zotac 4090 is doing very well. Fans have audible ball bearings, but should last a long time because of that. No coil whine or any other weird stuff.

Back
Top Bottom