Bleeding the Thermaltake Rocket???

Associate
Hello there, about a month ago i took the step towards watercooling, got the thermaltake rocket (very simple and basic i know now, but watercooling was brand new to me) anyway motherboard monitor lies :D or at least i think it does, usually when i turn my pc on mbm tells me the cpu is at 35-38º and i idle there all day untill i play some css (or whatever) and it goes to around 55º, but it will stay there or there about, never goes down. i reboot and wala mbm is back down to 35º litratly 20 secs since it was telling me it was 55º.

Anyway...... i'm gonna buy 2 THERMALTAKE CL-W0033 WATER TEMP INDICATOR'S. one going before and one after the cpu, but i have no idea how to bleed the rocket??? any help would be ace ta.

Last edited:
Soldato
Power off PC. Dismount dodgy pump/res combo. Bucket to the ready. Tilt PC to the side. Disconnect said dodgy pump res/combo and drain to bucket. Shake PC to get water out where needed most, repeat as required.

Or...uninstall everything to be sure and ultra safe!

Permabanned
Or you could go sit on the washing machnie holding the pc with washing machine filled with a load of bricks and set to fast spin and allow it to do it that way.

From what i'd say is bloody good guess is to get a bucket, take top off the rocket and tp the thing into the bucket and then get the pump to fire up and pump the remaing system round and out. Then take it out of the pc or lots of towels and tissue to get any odd drops cut hose fit fill bleed it and test it. Jobs a gooden

Associate
blow through one end of the tube and all water will be gone, worked for me all those years ago...........make sure the other end is in a suitable container.

Associate
OP
Drazic said:
Or you could go sit on the washing machnie holding the pc with washing machine filled with a load of bricks and set to fast spin and allow it to do it that way.

From what i'd say is bloody good guess is to get a bucket, take top off the rocket and tp the thing into the bucket and then get the pump to fire up and pump the remaing system round and out. Then take it out of the pc or lots of towels and tissue to get any odd drops cut hose fit fill bleed it and test it. Jobs a gooden
yer was thinking along those lines, so should be ok to turn mi comp on for a few secs after i tip the rocket, wont hurt the cpu will it?

Permabanned
Who said about firing up ya pc? Nah i'd disconet the power tothe pump and use an old psu briged to power it up or use ya current one but disconect everything just incase it goes bang

Back
Top Bottom