Bleeeh insurance oddity

Soldato
So being the straight up chap I am and being under the assumption less milage = less risk I phoned up to sort out my renewal due at the end of this month.

Unemployed and back to a 5,000 limited mileage, SDP only policy to reflect my employment status.

Limited mileage brings the policy down....but being un-employed puts it up. Apparently having no job is seen as high risk. :o

+ £100 on last years policy. Time to shop around which is, according to my telephone representative, the only way the quote will come down with a price match.

Why is being un-employed seen as high risk? No commuting, no parking outside of garage at home, less mileage, less...well..everything. More....???? I pay annually so it's not like they are at risk of me defaulting on payments.

Eitherway, the quote is still pretty decent but suffice to say I am unimpressed with a ~15% price hike with the job change and limited mileage. Now I have to tell them I am un-employed and probably take a price hike if I leave it on unlimited without the 5K to cancel it out.

Bah!

Soldato
OP
Seeing if there is anything I can non-fraudulently say other than un-employed.

Do I actually need a company/to be registered with anything/have any proof to be self-employed? Or would that follow the same profiling anyway?

Soldato
OP
What dictates permanent employment? If I only get work every now and then I am not perm?

Not interested in fronting but being between jobs shafted on being type-casted as a reckless unemployed type is taking the biscuit.

If building websites is classified as employment then I'll declare that assuming I meet the "criteria" for permanent (self) employment.

Back
Top Bottom