Blockbuster visit - Help!

Soldato
Right so my plans for tonight have been scuppered, the family are away for the weekend and the girlfriend is having a family event. I'm going to be alone for the whole evening with only a bottle of wine for company. I've watched every DVD i own and completed every game i have.

I need help.

What film should i rent this evening? Ideally i'd love a good modern sci-fi movie. Off the top of my head ones i've seen are:

Battlestar Galactica
Sunshine
Moon
Firefly + Serenity

But there's likely plenty more i have seen that i can't think of right now. If you can think of a good, fairly recent film that is worth watching go ahead and suggest it. All i'll say is i'm not in the mood for anything incredibly depressing (i'm talking 21 grams depressing, something slightly sad is fine) :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Looks perfect, also it has Ben Foster in it who is one of my unsung heroes. Nice Tefal; got it in one.

[EDIT] Oops, forgot to say thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
it was meant to be silly?
failing that Pandorum, very good for the most part!
although you could have a ASIAN CINEMA EXTRAVAGANZA!

Soldato
Some of my favourite modern sci-fi films:

Contact
Solaris (or the original 'Solyaris', both pretty damn good not if you're after action though, especially not the oriignal)
Gattaca (awesome...)
12 Monkeys
Primer (fairly low budget film about time travel, bizarre plot but quite good)

Soldato
OP
Just finished watching Pandorum. Good call Tefal, it was exactly what i was after.

Already seen Moon, loved it so good suggestion.

I also got my hands on Kick-Ass funnily enough, yet to watch it though :p

Soldato
OP
Good to hear Kick-Ass is funny, will take my mind off of...

Well i may as well admit it now; I'm a massive wuss bag. I've just watched a fairly scary film, in the dark, alone, in an empty house... whoops.

I love horror movies but always let myself get too caught up in them. Now i must journey to the reacto... i mean fridge for a glass of wine and a peanut butter sandwich.

Wish me luck!
I need one of those stun guns

Soldato
I'm glad I'm not the only person who enjoyed Pandorum, it had some really good sci-fi elements and the end was pretty awesome.

The general theme would make a great TV series, the travelling 'ark' for earth etc. Oh also the chick had some tig ol bitties iirc, good times.

Streeteh you should probably watch Event Horizon next :D.

Soldato
OP
I love event horizon, shame no one else seems to.

But yeah i agree the whole concept of Pandorum was fantastic. My one big complaint was the fact that it seemed all of the support staff on that ship were kung-fu masters but the actual pilots just had a blue stun gun.

I thought the fight scene at the end between the gardener and the boss-monster was a little out of character with the rest of the film. Other than that, epic.

Half way through Kick-Ass and loving it.

Back
Top Bottom