Bloodrage or X58 Classified

Associate
Hi, just curious guys who has either of these boards and which would you guys go for if you were getting one and why whats the advantages one over the other? cheers.

Associate
OP
Is the classified really that much better then? Would i notice a large difference from the system i am currentley running below running at 3.85gb and ram at 1850?

EVGA 790I SLI F T W DIGITAL M/B / Q6850 EXTREME CPU / X3 BFG 260GTX MAXCORE H2O/OC / 4GB OCZ DDR3 PC3-16000 2000MHz Platinum (9-9-9-28) Dual Channel kit / X2 SAMSUNG 1TB SPINPOINTS / x2 OCZ ssd vertex 60gb in raid0 / Bitspower Mosfet -N/B and S/B Blocks on EHEIM PUMP WITH 5/8" HOSE AND AQUACOMPUTER 360 RAD / D-TEK FUSION 2 WITH QUAD CORE INSERT ON CPU WITH THERMOCHILL 360 RAD/ LAING DDC 1T (18W) XSPC TOP / TFC 360 RAD AND LAING DDC 1T (18W) XSPC TOP 3/4" TYGON HOSE ON GPUS / ALL CONTROLLED VIA AQUAERO+AQUASTREAM/ TH2GO ON X3 SAMSUNG

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Lol ok so who does have a say in the matter as i am just toying with the idea would i get a vast difference in performance from my current setting? cheers

Man of Honour
LOL, I could tell you but RJ will go on another strop;).....

I really wouldn't lose sleep over it.

Anyone who can afford the EVGA will not be happy with the Foxconn simply because it costs less therefore must be inferior;).

Which reminds me I must have a chat with EVGA about a sample:D

Associate
get the Classified, sure its pricey but there is a good reason for that, not just that EVGA decided to make it that expensive to give the "appearance" that it was superior to motherboards, they put in the R&D and quality components so that it IS superior to other boards, that unfortunately comes at a cost which EVGA must recuperate (and obviously to make a bit extra on top).

You just need to look a who helped develop the board and then check out what this baby has been doing with the D0 stepping i7's (both the locked 920/Xeons and Unlocked Xeons) to realise its something special. If you own a C0 it will allow you to get a higher OC at slightly lower voltage.

I am no EVGA fanboi and i was a little skeptical about buying such an expensive board but i have to say it was worth every penny, i love it, warts and all (nForce 200 chip). So far with my 2 GTX 295's i have not seen any hit due to the nForce 200 chip, any issues seem to have been worked out before the board released to retail and EVGA have released the the E760 (non-nForce 200) version for those sceptics and non-believers, its also slightly cheaper due to not having the Nvidia chip or the EVGA Control Panel (which you will be able to buy separate soon, if your in Europe you may have to email EVGA directly to ask to buy one as their Euro store is in shambles at the moment or at least was last time i looked, hopefully that gets brought up to code soon).

The Foxconn Bloodrage is still a good board, i just think along with a few others that the Classified takes things to a new level.

Associate
Remember though distribution of the Classified by EVGA Europe is a joke.

Don't even bother emailing (EVGA Europe) them as they just blatantly lie when the boards will be in stock.

You could be waiting many weeks even months for one.

Last edited:
Associate
the eVGA will give you no notable performance increase. It doesnt overclock any better than the rampage II extreme or Bloodrage. It does look a lot nicer though. If they dropped the price to £300 which is still more than any of the others then it would be worth buying. At £379 your simply being ripped off, only the stupid ppl with more money than brains will purchase it at that price.

Associate
Whats the deal with the N200 chip btw?

Admitedly, I havent been keeping track recently, but would the full x16 lanes become more worth it when say, GT300 and RV870 release? If not I think I will go with the rampage but £300 is a lot on a board to have a niggle like that.

Cheers

Associate
Ok i dont beilieve the scores in that thread, tested with a very simular system at home expect i run 2x4870x2's for gfx, but for the CPU scores alone
my system pulled far haigher scores. not sure that this guy just got a duff board, but that isnt even close to the scores ive seen on the classified.

Soldato
Classified
Got mine yesterday and omgg is it sexy.

evga2.jpg

Associate
hi clone

did u get your classified from OCUK if so how long from ordering it was it before you received it as mine is still on pre order and has been two weeks

Back
Top Bottom